Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3086836 times)

Karen/Colin and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8085 on: October 09, 2016, 02:37:03 AM »
Oh MG. I just so want to be there !

I don't care what the weather is like.

I JUST WANT TO BE I ARILLAS!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8086 on: October 10, 2016, 10:19:17 AM »
"Arillas Today" will be WET

Late evening/overnight rain put 43mm, in the rain gauge, by 9.a.m. But it is looks now , at 10a.m , to start to fade away. - MAYBE!
I would think that the road, leading into Sidari, may have many large puddles to avoid so, anyone venturing out in car/bike etc , be careful.
(Yer cannae see the holes for the water - Guv )

Anyway , currently a pleasant 17deg and not chilly at all. Still, with many places open, a possible damp but lazy afternoon will be on the cards.
Arillas, like the World, will still be your Oyster.

Viv n Pete still here and.... Harold n Sally - Well done H n S!!. Bit worried about Viv , though, as with all this rain I fear that if she steps in a puddle....... (Ever seen that Vicar of Dibley episode??????)

Cheers
Negg

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8087 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:22 PM »
Qwik Update.

1pm and dry with 19 deg. - Wonder if Phil is here , yet. ? - Wonder if the Mythos Wagon has turned up with fresh supplies??

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8088 on: October 10, 2016, 01:20:29 PM »
Still here Negg. Will be there at midnight with any luck. Hope to see you tmz....

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8089 on: October 10, 2016, 05:56:03 PM »
You cheeky but funny old egg. Pete still laughing. See you soon Phil, no noise going to your bed tonight please as Pete and I are in our little house again. All in jest. xxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8090 on: October 11, 2016, 10:07:48 AM »
With another 42mm of overnight rain , Viv , you must be careful venturing out again today! - Maybe armbands , just in case!
Anyway , Nature has been a tad kind, waiting for the end of yesterday evening , before the deluge, and wrapping it all up, by early morning.

Did Phil get a non delayed night flight , I wonder?

So far , a dry Arillas Today and slowly moving up the "Thermo Scale" to a 17 deg at 10 a.m..

All fingers crossed for the Beer Festival and many here , poised on the starting blocks , ready to race up that hill to Ag. Steph.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8091 on: October 11, 2016, 11:54:52 AM »
It was a humdinger of a storm last night. Absolutely spectacular. My flight was uneventful and a tad early. Spiros was waiting for me and delivered me to Brouklis on the dot of midnight. Dimitris gave me a Mythos and I headed for bed amid torrential rain and rumbling thunder. I slept right through the storm which I am told was still going at 4am. It is 1130 now, and cloudy but mild. I would guess about 18 degrees. Already had breakfast at the Bow with John and Dot, and anticipate a busy day of catching up.

A stroll to the seafront took me by surprise. Around the jetty there must be at least an extra foot depth of sand, and that part of the beach seems huge. Usually with storms it seems to shrink, but not Today. If the sun emerges later, I may well take advantage.

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #8092 on: October 11, 2016, 01:14:27 PM »
Went for a walk this morning almost turned into a swim but not quite. Just ventures out again for a short walk round, to see if I could find Phil but no luck. If I don't see you and Wendy before tomorrow evening will see you in May. Hope achs and pains clear up soon. Phil you must show yourself at Brouklis tonight, after all these years of writing it would be a shame not to see each other. Love to all friends in Arillas at the moment, enjoy the last festival of the season. Have a good with her and see you all next year. Xxxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #8093 on: October 11, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
Oooooo with her was meant to say winter, I wasn't looking at my predictive text. lol xxxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #8094 on: October 11, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »
Oooooo with her was meant to say winter, wasn't looking at my predictive text. Lol.  Xxxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8095 on: October 11, 2016, 03:59:55 PM »
I spoke too soon.......... The treat of the day was to be torrential rain which lasted for about 2 hours. There will doubtless be pictures online of the deluge that used to be a trickle past Ina's shop. I watched a proud pot plant sailing by, only to get stuck in the middle of the road and hang on for dear life. The raging torrent was washing sand into the sea, but the waves were desperately trying to send it back. Spiros from Thalassa was awe-struck and could only say "it's beautiful. Beautiful."

Meanwhile the road outside Armourada was 18" deep in flood water, causing much hilarity and severe disruption at the same time. Yiota warned me that I would have to find a way round the back to get home to Brouklis. I failed. All that I could find was flooded. So with others, I took off my shoes and socks, rolled up my trousers and paddled through. The surreal part was seeing Ina for first time this visit, Leszek and Ange and finally viv. Sharing hugs knee deep in flood water.... only Arillas can make that happen. Probably the best hugs in the world..... Dimitris was at the ready with cold Mythos for me after my trauma!!!

I hope that what I don't know about these bizzare events is just as unimportant as my little adventure. I think everything is OK, and sincerely hope it is.

Arillas Today? Extraordinary!

Phil

Offline Seagull Chris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8096 on: October 11, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »
Sad to say that after the last two nights thunderstorms, Arillas copped another load today which has caused a lot of damage.
The little bridge has collapsed due to the sheer force of the water and the weight of the bamboo canes, brushwood and reeds that build up against it. Part of the roadhas also washed away.
The banked pebbles under the wooden walkway opposite Kostas has been washed onto the sand and Janets pool and garden are flooded just as they were after the June storm.
I was talking to Marinos and he told us that he had nearly 40 cms of water on his hround floor. They were due to shut down tomorrow but have closed today and started mopping up.
The next problem is getting the old bridge removed in case of and more rain because there is no way though for any more reeds or debris.
Such a shame for such lovely people and businesses.
I will try and post a photo of the bridge soon.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8097 on: October 11, 2016, 06:33:21 PM »
Just what you don't want when you are hoping to wind down at the end of the season :-(
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8098 on: October 11, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
All I can add to the above is that in 2 1/2 hrs we got over 50mm of rain. - (Around 94mm from last night)

I had the pleasure of driving into Arillas and, at one point, had a fairly big log floating merrily away just in front of me. (Never did overtake it)
Plant Pots!  - Logs! - "Nee-Dip" as a frog would say - WOTSALLTHATABOUT??

Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #8099 on: October 12, 2016, 01:44:36 PM »

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com