Author Topic: First time visit to Corfu and Arillas  (Read 7534 times)

Nichola- Guest!

First time visit to Corfu and Arillas
« on: February 16, 2004, 01:51:01 PM »
Hi, just been looking on the net as me and the boyfriend have just booked a holiday for August staying at the Bardis Sun. I have never been to Corfu before, as close as I get was a trip to Halkidiki 3 years ago now.
Having looked on a few websites I think I've made a great choice for location of our holiday. The place looks beautiful! I can't wait to get there. We have booked a hire car, so we can venture out from Arillas, but I was wondering if anyone could offer some good suggestions for what we could do whilst there. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Many thanks,
Nichola

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 02:36:56 PM »
Hi Nicola,

I posted some stuff on earlier. Arillas is a pretty quiet place, that's why a lot of pepole come back year after year! There's a few bars and plenty of places to eat, but it's really a place to chill out, go for walks. laze by the beach. There are boat trips that leave from the 'harbour' /pier.

It's quite isolated, so if you want to explore you'll need a car. There is a daily bus trip to Corfu town for your shopping etc.

Depends what you want, but it's really a place to relax and enjoy good food, wine and conversation, and rthe chirruping of the cicadas!

Personally we love it!

Hope this helps.

John

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 04:15:54 PM »
Thanks for  your reply. We are not the kind of people looking for a busy holiday, but we want to make sure we make the most of our holiday, hence booking the hire car for 7 of the 10 days we are going to be there for. I'm looking forward to trying the food, although I'm not a very adventurous person, but willing to give things a try (only problem is I can't eat garlic or chili which often causes problems!).
As for the drinking wine- I'm afraid I can't do that either- alergic to alcohol, what a bummer, but I'm sure the boyfriend will be drinking for both of us!
A boat trip sounds nice- always get a different view from the sea don't you?

Anyone else got any ideas? Many thanks
Nichola

Anonymous

Where to go in North coru
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 08:28:08 PM »
Hiya, gurantee you will love Arillas. In peak season Arillas though small has a great nightlife but if you want to do the clubby thing go to Sidari.If you want to check out  another resort go to San George(next to Arillas).This takes bout  20 mins if that by car or you can hire a boat from Sam(Stamiti) who runs the watersports and reach it that way.(I recommend this)! You can also try visiting Palakstritia(this is quite touristie but is beautiful) and I also recomend going to Pantocrator(the highest point in Corfu).This is breathtaking but you will need to hire a good jeep for this as the ride is bumpy and steep. Near to Pantocrator is Old Perithia a villiage that was deserted about 50 years ago.It has a nice little Taverna there and people are slowly staring to inhabbit it again. If you are visiting Corfu Town try night shopping when the old fort is all lit up.
Hope this helps!  :D

Samantha

NORM&SANDY

places to go
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 06:24:37 PM »
hiya
       believe me when i say you will enjoy arillas,fantastic beach,wonderful food and most important lovely people. sorry ramblin on ,places to see by car kassiopi northeastern part of corfu,very pretty harbour good shopping,but the best thing is just to drive and see were it takes you,we will be there in may/ june might see you,
    all the best
                          norm&sandy

John & Linda

The Brouklis Taverna
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 09:24:27 PM »
Hi there,
My wife and I have been coming to Arillas for several years.
It is an ideal place for a quiet holiday.
Try the  BROUKLIS TAVERNA the food there is the best in Arillas.
Dimitris the owner, will be happy to explain you everything about the local meals and a lot more. :arrow:

John & Linda
[/b]

Booking.com