Author Topic: First Night Taverna and meal!  (Read 11129 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
First Night Taverna and meal!
« on: January 17, 2017, 03:38:48 PM »
Ok folks the Season will soon be upon us so what I thought would be fun and a great taster for any newbies would be to tell everyone where you will go to eat on your first night in Arillas and what will you be having?

For us it will be Brouklis with feta stuffed pepper and cheese pies to start and the sublime lamb chops and moussaka for mains accompanied by some ice cold wine ....mmmmm...

Offline wissettlewis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: First Night Taverna and meal!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:31:16 PM »
I'll be eating at The Horizon having the fabulous Pastisada with chocolate souffle for dessert. I already cant wait for it!!!

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »
Not a clue ........ I will just go with the flow when we arrive ............. :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
My first night always has to be somewhere on the seafront. Usually we go to Vnceremos and have baked feta in the oven and Kleftiko if they have it on. That is if our first meal is in the evening. If breakfast then it would be at Gratziellas. If lunch then definitely gyros at Beachpoint.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »
If its July then there is only one place for us
Brouklis Table 13 with Phil and Jen it's an annual ritual
We may not be able to do it in July this year due to Jens operations, but with a little luck and if all is well I'm sure we will make it sometime between the start and end of the season.

First visit will be in May nothing in the pipeline but possibly Vavillas or Gratsella

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 01:56:15 AM »

First vist arriving late evening 5th May so will eat at Mathraki, then think it will be Brouklis or Graziella but in the two weeks we will hopefully vist all of our favourites, Effi's Thomas for his fabulous fish, Kostas on The Beach, Marina, Kaloudis (for their yummy roast lamb,) but our absolute favourites are the first two on the list. We will also try the old Captains just can't remember the new name😃 day time coffee and beer will be at Beach Point.

For our second visit in June just repeat the list, but with Bills' sister and brother-in-law.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »
arrive Friday 12th may early afternoon, so maybe a stroll along to the beachpoint, then graziellas in the evening. we will have martins sister with us hopefully she will love our little place in paradise!
Saturday will be marina then sunday brouklis for the spit roast lamb. Malibu to see George, mirage to see Vicky, the list is endless, we need to be there for at least a month to get round everyone!!!!

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 10:55:58 AM »
Oooo. Food talk! I'm all over this one :-)

Sunday 21st of May will find us either at Brouklis, Horizon, Gratziellas, Portofino, Marina, Vinceremos, Effi's, Thomas' or Armourada. For such a compact resort there's so much wonderful food to choose from. Who knows, we'll change our minds a hundred times before we get there. One thing for sure, we'll get round them all in the 11 nights we're there.

Right now I fancy Garlic Prawns at Effi's and Lewis you've made me want to try chocolate soufflé at the Horizon, never had that before. 

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 11:52:43 AM »
this year no plans as we get in late so some where close Portofino may be

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 04:21:44 AM »
The problem is, we always seem to be 'taken over by events'. Our intention, is always to eat at the Brouklis. However, the reality is quite often otherwise! That's the beauty of Arillas. You go for quick aperitif in the 'Nut, get talking to someone ( - you have maybe never met before, and then bump into someone that you have - ) and four hours later, find yourself asking George in the Malibu for a plate of chips to soak up the alcohol!

Happy. happy. happy.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 12:28:11 PM »
If we only want a short walk it will probably be the Marina, or a short further toddle to the Thalassa, however if Kosta's on the beach is open early it might be there.  What a great choice, because all those mentioned above are well worth a visit.
Regards
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 12:57:40 PM »

Hi all

as it will be a very long day and we are staying at the Tria Adelphia we will most properly have meal at the tria and all the rest of the wedding party as well with helens cooking wow cannot go wrong a few beers wines finnish off with a few ouzos then bed what more do want

kevin

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 02:27:13 PM »
It could be one of a few great tavernas but probably Portofino for their amazing vegetarian mousaka.  Effie's is a another or Kostas on the Beach. Or graziella or............... So many lovely familiar friendly faces to see too.

Offline adrienne n dave

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:58 PM »
beach point for a gyros and mythos for us me thinks!

instagram:  meadowfielddave

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
First night is always in Armourada and usually fish of some sort with lashings of white vino *deep sigh* ......well, only 205 sleeps and I can't wait 8)
Life is good ;)

Booking.com