Author Topic: Kefalonia  (Read 3266 times)

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
Kefalonia
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:10:47 AM »
Looking to holiday in Kefalonia this year,any comments and comparison with Corfu /Arrilas will be appreciated.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Kefalonia
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »

Been to Kefalonia a few times....beautiful but Arillas is my favourite place. If you go make sure you book a trip around the island there is lots to see....it has some amazing sights.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »

Hi

we have been to Kefalonia it was nice we stayed at skala good food  book a trip around the island there is lots to see  the Movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin was filmed in Kefalonia 

kevin

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
Must admit I think its my least favourite of the 12 Greek Islands I have visited but it was still good ....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:55:03 PM »
Never been. Other than Corfu the only other place I have been in Greece is the mainland - Halkidiki.  Once I discovered Corfu and in particular Arillas I have never wanted to chance going anywhere else as I know I would just spend the whole time comparing it to Arillas and wishing I was in Arillas instead. Do go other places outside Greece - like this year going to Thailand for 3 weeks but if wanting a Greek holiday it has to be Arillas for me.

Offline intentioncraft

• hooked on acropolis
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »
Yes I agree, "The Arrilas Factor" is difficult to kick,I just need a fresh perspective to prove my devotion has not been misplaced!

Offline martinh

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:29 PM »
Would definitely recommend Kefalonia. Stayed in Lassi three times - lovely beaches and the nightlife of Argostoli nearby. Great island to explore.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 01:06:17 AM »
Perhaps try a Kefalonia forum? Just a thought 😎

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 01:26:49 AM »
We went 7 years running and thought we would never find anywhere better. We always stayed at the Marina Bay Hotel - http://www.marinabay.gr

There were just two hotels and the beach was a turtle nesting beach. It was also one of the best naturist beaches we had been on as you had acres of space.We used to drive into Skala or Katelios for evening meals. For the first four years Skala was lovely and quiet, but then lots of all inclusive hotels and large complexes began to spring up, and it ruined the ambience of the village. We wanted a change and asked a travel agent to find us a similar place and they came up with Arillas.

Kefalonia is beautiful and we will go back again one day, but it won't beat Arillas.

Offline intentioncraft

• hooked on acropolis
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »
Thanks Terry, Done some sniffing around and the Marina Bay looks favourite for our booking.

Booking.com