Author Topic: 2017 BIG or Small beach  (Read 36447 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: 2017 BIG or Small beach
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 07:02:19 PM »
Suzy there is also no stones or shingle this year.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 07:05:13 PM »
I would say that in 20 years of visiting Arillas the beach is the best I have ever seen it! It's fabulous

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 08:06:30 PM »
Thanks folks!
I'm getting even more excited now, so fingers crossed it doesn't change too much before we arrive. It's also good news for all the  sun bed boys (and men)to have a decent size beach to keep them in business throughout the summer. Looking forward to seeing Dimitris...hope he's still renting out the sunbeds?

Suzy x

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »
He is Suzy. He has got the best bit of beach I would say this year. Dont forget your flip flops though-all that lovely soft sand was so hot when we were there last week. Quite funny watching people do a hop,skip & a jump to the sea!!

Karen

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »
Thanks Karen!
That's great to hear....I'm thinking about our usual spot this very minute. Great news fpr Dimitris too.

Suzy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »
Take care folks there was a massive rock fall just further round from where Dimitris has the sunbeds. And still you get the idiots sunbathing right next to it! Madness!!

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »
Hi
Do you know if there are sunbeds this year at the far north naturist end. Will be there in a few weeks.
Thanks
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »
Geoff & Val
Yes there were 28 umbrellas with two loungers on the north beach @ 8 euros a day.
Al & Sal

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »
Hi
Thanks
Do we know you? You replied to Val as well

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
Sorry Sally and Alan.
Just remembered who you are, Or rather Val did. She is the sociable one. You stop at the Marina and your daughter was a Solicitor.
I am always telling Val not to talk to strangers lol.
On a trip to Skiathos some years  she chatted to two other passengers non stop on the flight. I was happy reading my book. It turned out they were stopping nearby to where we were, and they wanted to spend all their time with us. They were a real pain in the bum.
So we took them to our favourite  beach. When they saw it was a naturist beach, we never saw them again.
Geoff

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »
Sorry Sally and Alan.
Just remembered who you are, Or rather Val did. She is the sociable one. You stop at the Marina and your daughter was a Solicitor.
I am always telling Val not to talk to strangers lol.
On a trip to Skiathos some years  she chatted to two other passengers non stop on the flight. I was happy reading my book. It turned out they were stopping nearby to where we were, and they wanted to spend all their time with us. They were a real pain in the bum.
So we took them to our favourite  beach. When they saw it was a naturist beach, we never saw them again.
Geoff

As we walk past the Marina I often  say to Val, who were those people who stopped there and we went for a meal with.
My memory, together with my hearing, is deteriorating. Hope you are both well.
Geoff

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »
Take care folks there was a massive rock fall just further round from where Dimitris has the sunbeds. And still you get the idiots sunbathing right next to it! Madness!!

Off topic here , but this reminds me of a very "Tongue in cheek" tale about the lady who went down to this part of the beach and found a guy sunbathing by the rock fall. He gave her the impression that, as he was babbling/moaning, he was obviously suffering from too much sun. Being worried she tried to find out what was wrong and asked,
"Are you OK? - Did you come here alone??"
"No , he said , I came down with the rockfall!!"

Anyway , the beach size was very welcome today for a very busy Sunday!
Cheers
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 07:50:08 PM »
Arrived back today after an absolutely amazing 10 days (definitely not long enough!)
The beach is simply stunning...very wide and the sand so soft and almost pebble free especially where Dimitri has his sun beds. The sea was like a pool for the whole 10 days.
Dimitri said it's the best it's been for 30 years!
It was soooo busy yesterday but still plenty of room and a great relief with the temp at 38 and very humid. I don't think we've ever spent as much time on a beach...ever! Such a great happy atmosphere yet still relaxing.

PARADISE!!!

Suzy x

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »
Thanks Suzy for the update.  While Arillas has many attractions, I think that first and foremost is the beach.  It is great to know that it is in great form.  Have seen it vary in size over the years - almost to disappearing point sometimes - so am very happy to hear that its the best for 30 years.
Regards
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 03:18:30 PM »
Hi there Turkeyfoot, aka Geof & Val, had a brilliant fortnight back in June on the North Beach, very easy access and  a wide sandy beach with very few pebbles. About 30 umbrella sets at 8 Euros . We won't see you in September but we will be back again in June '18.
Say "hi" to Wolfgang and  Daniella from us.Crawford & Susan.

Booking.com