Author Topic: Coming back to Arillas.  (Read 5244 times)

Offline Topman

Coming back to Arillas.
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:49:51 PM »
Hi its been  nearly 8 years since we have been to Arillas for our main holidays and boy am I looking forward to it so as you can imagine we have missed out on a lot of news.
Is the doughnut man still trying to sell his fruit and stuff ?.
What about the Bardis sun apartments is Poppy and her family still running them ?.
Also what is the Mathraki studios like as we are staying there in June.
How much do they charge for  Sun beds and umbrellas on the beach ?.
Thanks.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Coming back to Arillas.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:00:20 AM »
Hi Roman - lovely to hear of your return. We didn't visit Arillas for 9 years and since returning we have been 4 years in a row and staying at Bardis Sun Studios where I can confirm the fantastic Bardis family still are.

Last year the sunbeds were 7.50 Euros for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella.

Can help about Mathraki studios but heard great reports about them and lots of forum members will be able to help.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »
Welcome back Topman! My son and his mate are the Mathraki in June so may well see them at some point! They have excellent reviews without exception.  I don't think I saw the Donut man once last year and that's the first time out of 18 years! Don't know if you go to the North beach but there now sunbeds there and they are only 6 euros for two with table if I remember correctly

Offline Topman

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:43:50 PM »
Thanks Sonia and Jo for the info we will be in Arillas in the middle of June and we are really looking forward to it as we had many memories for it.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 02:13:33 AM »

Hi Topman....we have stayed at Mathraki since 2008 so many times that I can't remember....we stayed three times last year and have booked twice so far this year. Two weeks in May and two weeks in June (when Bills' sister and brother-in-law join us.)

Nick is no longer there, he lives back in New York since 2015 we miss him so much, we hope he comes back. Akis and his fiancee Emmy plus Spiros his brother run things now. Nicoletta (mama) and Kosta (papa) keep everyone on their toes.

We have a lovely barman in the evenings.... Alex, while Spiros does all the paperwork.
The clientele is adults only (mostly over 40's) but we love it when younger people join us
and they always have a great time.

Hope our dates cross so we will meet you.

Val and Bill, (plus Sandy and Arthur.)
The love affair continues.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »
Hi
Can only support Val n Bill views on the Mathraki.
We too have stopped there for a number of years. Certainly no complaints.
A warm and friendly atmosphere. Many happy evenings spent with fellow travellers enjoying a drink.
Staff friendly and helpful, they all go that little bit further to make sure you enjoy your stay.
One year I was not to well during the night and Val was a bit worried. Next day  Akis said anytime you need help just knock on the door, we can call a doctor or whatever.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Topman

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 10:45:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replays hope to meet you all if you are in Arillas in June.

Offline littlelegsdad1

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 03:57:17 PM »
We're also returning to Arillas after a gap of 8 years absense.  So excited to be returning to my favoritre Greek Islland and resort.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »
We are so gutted we can come this year. Other half couldnt get the time off. Do not know how i will cope lol. Will be there for 3 weeks next though all being good. I will have to pretend i am there by reading you posts and seeing your pics.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »

Vanessa we will miss you.....I am rubbish with posting photos but will really try to get someone to help me send you some. Just to rub salt in your wounds we are going for two weeks in May...5th-19th then returning 15th-29th June with Bills' sister and husband. Hoping to book two weeks in August as well.....we went three times last year so can see no reason not to do it again. All I can say is retirement is brilliant.

Love to you all Val x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »
Be a bit pricey in August Val with kids holidays .........
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 10:17:22 PM »
Hi Val
Would have been nice to chatted to you and Bill. Next year! You're very lucky going there so much but then again you have done your time working so deserve it. Shame you leave 19th May as my son and his girlfriend are arriving then at Mathraki for a week. They are so looking forward to it. My son came to Arillas for our first time there 5 years ago and loved it so has talked her into going. Mind you he has heard enough over last 4 years from me about the place lol. You enjoy all your visits this year and say hi to Bill from us xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »

We are on an early evening flight home so if they arrive before we leave we will say hello. 

Val n Bill x

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 09:02:07 PM »
Not sure what time Val but will ask as it would be lovely for him {and me} if you did.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 11:26:35 AM »
Val, we will be there the same time as you, we are going 12 th may for one week, Martin's sister is coming with us. Say hello if you spot us first!!!
Ger x

Booking.com