Author Topic: Flight changes  (Read 7194 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Flight changes
« on: April 22, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »
Has anyone else had their flights changed? We were flying from birmingham great flight times, they have now been changed so we loose time in our beloved arillas. When I complained I got the usual "terms and conditions" basically they can do what they like! I asked about flying from a different airport with better flight times and was told as it was so close to the holiday we would have to pay 80 percent of the cost of the holiday then book again, oh so it's alright for them to change your flights at short notice then?!! We have now changed and are flying from Bristol, we had to pay the difference, they "kindly" waived the admin fee!! Then had the nerve to ask if we had decided to book for September yet!!! Hmmm perhaps we'll fly on the Orange and white plane in September!!!
Ger x

Offline Andy and Claire

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Flight changes
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 03:24:38 PM »
Yes Ger we have had our Ryanair times changed twice so far for our July trip, instead of landing at 8pm we now land at 00.35. Not best pleased but it would cost us a fortune to change as there are 6 of us. I suppose thats the price you pay for going for the cheapest deal.

Andy.

Offline steve p

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
going out on 7th may from Birmingham with Thomas Cooks and they have moved my flight by nearly 12 hours to 6pm and also Thomsons have moved my flight on the 26th may from Birmingham by 5 hours to 2.30pm. As you can guess I am not too happy about it but at least Thomas cooks rang and informed me and also altered my parking voucher. As for thomsons they didn't inform me at all, I happened to notice the flight change on the E-Ticket when I received it.
I have not been told of any change to my flights in September but expect they will change.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
going out on 7th may from Birmingham with Thomas Cooks and they have moved my flight by nearly 12 hours to 6pm.

Steve we fly out from Birmingham on Sunday 21st May with TC:(flight number MT1636) the original flight was 7.30 am but was changes in August last year and is now scheduled to take of at 5.25pm I had confirmation of the times in November and our tickets have just arrived confirming 5.25pm as the flight time

our two other flights this summer have also been changed to 5.25pm

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:34:14 PM »
Similar to you John.June and September flights both with Thomas Cook should have both been 10-15 am departures from Manchester but have both been changed to 5-00 am departures.     We were notified by e-mail of both changes.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »
Really annoying that they can change the flights on a whim, l know schedules get worked out way in advance but I am sure they knew about the changes way before this. Thomson didn't inform me either I noticed when I printed my ticket, also as we had prebooked seats, then changed flights our seats aren't that great now either. Still we will be fine when we get there!

Offline Paul & Denise

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:41 PM »
Seems we are the lucky ones. received e mail 2 days ago confirming our booking for Thursday May 11th with flight from Birmingham and  time of 0655 (MT1636) - no change. Annoying when they do make changes as we have to travel to whichever airport and usually pick the best flight time to suit us even if it means an extra 30 mins or so driving

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »
We have also just received an email from Thomson changing our flight times from 6:05 to 14.45. I am soooo annoyed!

We usually land at Corfu airport around 11:15 -11:30 and would be sitting by the pool with a cold beer about 2pm  Unfortunately we will now  still be at Birmingham airport at this time.
 Another annoying thing is, we've only been able to book for 10 nights this year due to us having a week in Crete in May.So even less time in Arillas now!
I'm not sure whether it's actually worth contacting Thomson - like others have already said, it's in their terms and conditions,but they give no reason for doing this...does anyone know why?

I suppose I am being selfish and should be grateful that we can have lovely holidays in our lovely Arillas and other Greek Islands. I am still annoyed!!!

Rant Over

Suzy X

Offline steve p

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »
I received an e-mail from Thomsons today informing me of my flight time changes. A bit late as I had already seen them a week ago when I had my e-tickets. They say it is due to them planning their flight schedules well in advance but after a review they have had to change them. They also apologised for any inconvenience but that's all anyone will get out of them. Trouble is it will now add to my cost as my daughter will not be able to take me to the airport as she will be at work and I will now have to go in my car.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 10:59:34 PM »
Yep, they can do what they like! I argued with them but didn't get me very far, they just quote the terms and conditions and that's it. I know they have to book in schedules a long time in advance but other companies seem to manage! We are only going for a week in may and when they change so you loose the first day and half the last day, well not much time left in arilas!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 12:48:39 AM »
We always book well in advance and I would say a high majority of our flight times change. Its a pain in the backside and can be costly but we have just had to learn to live with it unfortunately.
Best to try and forget it and not let it spoil your holidays, easier said than done I know...
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 11:26:31 AM »
So far we have been fortunate with this Year's flight times - Still no change.

However Thomson's have released Dates/Flight times for 2018 -Generally in the past there have always been plenty of 6am flights from whichever airport we choose (Northerly) but for next Year they all seem to be much later with the odd exception.
We prefer to fly early on both the outward flight (Time for a relaxing drink early afternoon) and returning home (Up, Breakfast & off)
Also booked around this time last Year for this Year's holiday & got a cracking deal but prices for Next Year at the moment are roughly £100pp more!!
I'll keep watching to see if the go down but may opt for one of the Budget Airlines again (Are they still budget though...?)

Neil & Jill

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
So far we have been fortunate with this Year's flight times - Still no change.

However Thomson's have released Dates/Flight times for 2018 -Generally in the past there have always been plenty of 6am flights from whichever airport we choose (Northerly) but for next Year they all seem to be much later with the odd exception.
We prefer to fly early on both the outward flight (Time for a relaxing drink early afternoon) and returning home (Up, Breakfast & off)
Also booked around this time last Year for this Year's holiday & got a cracking deal but prices for Next Year at the moment are roughly £100pp more!!
I'll keep watching to see if the go down but may opt for one of the Budget Airlines again (Are they still budget though...?)

Neil & Jill

Hi
We have booked 2018 (both for Skiathos and Corfu) from Gatwick with early morning flights which we also prefer.
We are on a package with Thomson staying at the Mathraki again. Looked at flights only  for Sept 2018 and  the costs added to Mathraki independent  rates still make a package a better deal.
Looked at EasyJet prices for Sept 2017 as a guideline for 2018 ( they have no released flights for Sept 2018),  and again cheaper to go package. EasyJet were  also showing a charge of £60 per suitcase for the hold and a max of 20 kilo. We could not manage with that luggage allowance. We always have 25 kilo each. As we spend all day with no clothes on, don't quite understand why. LOL
Another on cost to consider going budget flights is the transfer from the airport. Although we always have a taxi anyway.
So no budget airline for us for 2018 (nor 2017).
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »
Hi Geoff

I must admit we tried Ryanair last Year for the 1st time and although we couldn't fault any of the service it did actually cost more than paying for a package (also Mathraki) although last Year we we stayed at the Marinaki & I guess we paid for what we got. (Views to die for & lovely hosts - Sorry Jo)

We also love Skiathos & only decided to try Arillas 5 Years ago after a lot of research & lurking on the Forum and deciding that perhaps there was life beyond Skiathos.
If the prices were similar we'd probably still do as you do & try both but a similar holiday to Skiathos is almost double what we pay for Arillas.

Neil & Jill

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 01:03:29 PM »
Hi Geoff

I must admit we tried Ryanair last Year for the 1st time and although we couldn't fault any of the service it did actually cost more than paying for a package (also Mathraki) although last Year we we stayed at the Marinaki & I guess we paid for what we got. (Views to die for & lovely hosts - Sorry Jo)

We also love Skiathos & only decided to try Arillas 5 Years ago after a lot of research & lurking on the Forum and deciding that perhaps there was life beyond Skiathos.
If the prices were similar we'd probably still do as you do & try both but a similar holiday to Skiathos is almost double what we pay for Arillas.

.Neil & Jill

Hi
Flights only to Skiathos are very expensive, very little competition. And costs are generally higher than Corfu in many areas.
Many people we know buy the  cheapest package deal  anywhere on the island just for the flight and book their accommadation privately.
We have stopped at the same place for the past 20 years and have watched the family grow up. We have been to family christenings, weddings, family blessings and sadly a funeral memorial service last year. 
As you can only book through Thomson we have no choice. We would not stop anywhere else. Hence we have to book early.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Booking.com