Author Topic: Flight changes  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Flight changes
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 01:30:35 PM »
Geoff

We stayed at the same place in Troulos for 6 Years and loved it - Guess we would still be going if we hadn't found Arillas - We loved the whole island & the fact for 2 euros we could jump on the bus and be in Skiathos town in 15 minutes.

BUT - This Year we booked to stay at the Mathraki for the 1st two weeks in July for £342 each - To stay in Troulos in a very similar accommodation would have cost us £560 each!!

We couldn't justify the difference (and don't really want to now) - We've managed to convert both our youngest Son & his Girlfriend and also Jill's Sister - All 3 have joined us previously and this Year we are all going together - We treat the kids so Skiathos would have been super expensive!!

Roll on July & hopefully our flights will remain unchanged.

Neil & Jill

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »
Always fancied Skiathos and will do it one day I am sure. WE have been stuck on doing 12 weeks Greek islands for a while now and need to do a new one !
We found Arillas the same way really , it was cheap and looked good and it turned out to be that way . If we were to go back to our first Greek love (Anaxos in Lesvos) we would be paying a grand more than for our holiday this August to Arillas !
And back to flight times my Ryanair one have changed !   We are coming back three hours earlier than we were originally which actually suits us as we were and evening flight. Going out is still the same time , early morning , which also suits us.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
Always fancied Skiathos and will do it one day I am sure. WE have been stuck on doing 12 weeks Greek islands for a while now and need to do a new one !
We found Arillas the same way really , it was cheap and looked good and it turned out to be that way . If we were to go back to our first Greek love (Anaxos in Lesvos) we would be paying a grand more than for our holiday this August to Arillas !
And back to flight times my Ryanair one have changed !   We are coming back three hours earlier than we were originally which actually suits us as we were and evening flight. Going out is still the same time , early morning , which also suits us.

Have a great time guys!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 10:24:15 AM »
We will mate! Not a fan of red wine but I will raise one to you in your absence....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline annec

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Random Things Through my Letterbox
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »
We fly with Thomson, on a package from Doncaster. We've had the same flight times, every year for the past six years. We are due to fly out in three weeks time and no changes (so far!).
Re 2018 prices, we've booked for the same two weeks next year, from Doncaster, on a package, staying at Mathraki - it's £100 cheaper than this year.  Two weeks, for two of us total £767

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »
We fly with Thomson, on a package from Doncaster. We've had the same flight times, every year for the past six years. We are due to fly out in three weeks time and no changes (so far!).
Re 2018 prices, we've booked for the same two weeks next year, from Doncaster, on a package, staying at Mathraki - it's £100 cheaper than this year.  Two weeks, for two of us total £767

Hi
With only 8 rooms at the Mathraki for Thomson customers you have to book early. Even when it was Thomson only, you had to book early due to its popularity
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline annec

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Random Things Through my Letterbox
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »

Hi
With only 8 rooms at the Mathraki for Thomson customers you have to book early. Even when it was Thomson only, you had to book early due to its popularity

Yes, you are quite right. We've been staying there for the past 10 years and always book early!

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 08:50:59 AM »
me and ann booked for next year for the mathraki same time as you annec and we will see you this year bring it on

Booking.com