Author Topic: Posts since last visit  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Posts since last visit
« on: May 05, 2006, 02:23:35 PM »
Like the new site design, but am unable to access posts since my last visit, which makes it difficult to track new ones without reading them all.  Anyone experienced the same problem?

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
Posts since last visit
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 03:27:45 AM »
Possibly your cookie settings need looking at. Go to Tools menu then internet options, on the Temporary internet files section click on settings.
Where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages" perhaps yours is set to "Never". Try changing it to automatic, remember to click Apply first then ok.

Offline carol2

Posts since last visit
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:43:24 AM »
Hi Aly.
I'm having the same problems as you & ending up having to trawl through everything to find new posts. Am also having to sign in twice.
I'll give Killie's advice a try but not til one of the kids are here to help, am a bit nervous when it comes to fiddling with settings :oops:
BFN Carol2
Get the beers in!

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Posts since last visit
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »
Thanks Killie, but already tried that and my settings are OK. As you Carole, just had to sign in twice to respond to this subject too.
 :?

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
Posts since last visit
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:33:09 PM »
Hi Ally and Carol

I have the same problem and I think I have sussed out why it happens!!  I have been having the problem ever since I joined the site, not just since the website was updated.

If you log in twice (which I usually have to do as the first time never works), the site thinks you have actually logged in the first time and therefore there are no new messages since you last logged in!!

I find it logs in better if you type your name and password and then press return rather than the log in button.

Was planning to have a word with Dimitris about the logging in when we are over in June to see if he has any solutions.

Fiona

Offline carol2

Post since last visit
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:11:24 AM »
Thanks for that Fiona, It actually makes a lot of sense. In the mean time I've discovered that if I don't sign in until prompted to do so, I don't have any problems, so I'll stick to that in future,
BFN, Carol2
Get the beers in!

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Posts since last visit
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 02:32:10 PM »
:lol: WHEY SUSSED IT LAYDEEZ!    From main page, goto forum, then log in at the top of the page (next to You have new/no new messages), that way you then get the option to view posts since last visit

hhaaaaa can relax now

Offline Joyce

Posts since last visit
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 12:05:07 AM »
Quote from: ALY
:lol: WHEY SUSSED IT LAYDEEZ!    From main page, goto forum, then log in at the top of the page (next to You have new/no new messages), that way you then get the option to view posts since last visit

hhaaaaa can relax now

Well done Aly - NOW we know what you are doing at work all day when you claim to be working really hard!!!!!! :)

Booking.com