Author Topic: Prices  (Read 5991 times)

Offline Topman

Prices
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:14:27 AM »
Hi all
It's been a few years since we last went to Arillas so we was just wondering what are the prices like now like the cost of meals and drinks ?.
Just want to be sure we take enough euros .

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Prices
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:26:48 AM »
When we were there last year you could get a set meal for about 12 Euros at Vnceremos and Vavillas. of course the exchange rate is not very good at present. Forum members who are there at the moment can probably give you a better idea.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
I have found this season that you can still get a good meal and enough to drink (!) for about 15 euros in most places.....
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »
We're not talking 3 bottles of Retsina and a bag of crisps Sandy!!
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 09:42:11 PM »
Does me Sandy !!!!😊
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline wissettlewis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 04:35:35 PM »
I have been asked a few times about what people tend to budget for Arillas in a week. I tend to take around £400 for myself and that usually see's me right, may be different this year due to the truly shocking exchange rates.

What does everyone else think? What would you say is enough for one person who would say have a light lunch every day followed by a 2/3 course evening meal, including drinking alcohol day (not too much during the day) and night?

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »
I think we spend a similar amount as you Lewis. We budget for about £80 to £100 per day for both of us.  We just have an alcoholic drink with our lunch with is usually an gyros from beachpoint and we sometimes have breakfast at our accommodation and sometimes we  do have breakfast out which is about 6 euros each.  We usually  have a 2 course evening meal unless it is a fixed priced 3 course deal and with that my husband will have about 2 or 3 pints and I have a 500 ml bottle of retsina. We then go to a bar where we would have some more drinks.  I think if you don't drink cocktails then it is cheaper (apart from the half price ones before 9 at the coconut bar) then alcohol can be fairly cheap - especially if your drink lager.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 02:18:38 AM »

Hi Lewis, I think it all depends on how much you eat "out"....staying at the Mathraki we eat breakfast and lunch if we are lazing around the pool, (the food is very reasonable there) but always eat "out" at night except for Sundays which is Curry Night there, Erich is excellent. Best homemade curry I have ever tasted... including my own!!

We tend to spend about £500 a week on food and drink but budget for other things as well......taking to much money you tend to spend more and end up wondering where all your hard earned cash has gone. Taking a bank card can be beneficial because you can keep a check on what you are spending.

In saying that you may have to find an ATM that is working 😀
When you are holidaying with "friends" you should always ask for separate bills when eating in restaurants or at least agree in splitting the bill equally, I remember when my son went on his first solo holiday with friends and ended up paying the bill for everyone on the last night. 😬
 We have known some very late nights at the Mathraki and hope you will join us this year.....we tend to be quite friendly so be prepared for a few late nights.

So eat drink and enjoy your holiday and remember there is always the bank of "mum and dad" if you get short of money (sorry Jo)!!!

See you soon....Val n Bill

The love affair continues.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 02:26:29 AM »

Sorry that should have said..... which......not Erich I don't even know an Erich ha ha.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 12:48:20 PM »
Bad advice VAINBILL!!!

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »
Does anyone know if the ATM at The marina is working this year?. It was newly installed last year & vasillis was very proud of it.
We take half our money on the Post office cash card & use that to pay for meals & in the supermarkets.Its very easy to top up  via a mobile phone app too.
 We keep the cash for lunches & for use in the bars.

Karen

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 05:56:34 PM »
I walked past it , this afternoon, and it's all lit up. Should be OK.
Negg

Offline KarenL

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 06:18:57 PM »
We've just got back, and our spending has averaged out at almost exactly €60 a day ... eating out every evening (at least two courses with wine), some lunches out, usually a coffee out ... and a smattering of ice creams, cakes and cocktails.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 10:04:00 PM »
I would not recommend the post office travel  money card. My husband got one for when we went to Thailand a few weeks ago. Unfortunately he left it in the cash machine as in Thailand the machine gives  you your money first and then card. When he realised what he had done we had horrendous problems trying to sort it out. Trying to talk to a human being took about 5 calls. We had £750 on it so very stressful. Like everything you only know how good something is when you have a problem. Were gonna charge us £40 for a replacement card which would take 48 hours so instead we waited a week for money to be paid back into our bank account. Good job we were not desperate for it.

Offline wissettlewis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 05:59:32 PM »
Val/Bill, we arrive at the Mathraki on the 29th June very late on.  We will have to have a beer! Me and my mate are taking £400 each and are just splitting everything down the middle... drinks/meals etc etc. Im pretty sure that will be plenty. My friend and his girlfriend arrive a day later (their first ever visit aswell as my mate who is staying is with me). I cant wait now, less than 2 weeks till i return home!!

Booking.com