Author Topic: Average Price  (Read 15070 times)

Offline Sparky

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Average Price
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »
Hi Flora,
Yes, that's the way. First flight out of Aberdeen or in your case Belfast. You get to Corfu around 1530, and leave 1630, back in to heathrow around 1800, and then last flight home.  Not sure how many days a week ba do Corfu, but it s at least 4.  No overnight hotel and with it being ba connections does not matter if flights are late, cos they will fix the next one.  Child's luggage allowance is same as adult. The further you book in advance the cheaper it is and you can book 330 days in advance

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 06:26:18 PM »
The British airways choice sounds good Flora.

It is a shame Thomson flights are so expensive. They fly from our nearest airport to Corfu and just looked for next year and they are £455 each. We can get a two week package holiday with Thomsons for that in Arillas! Ridiculous that flights alone are so expensive.

Offline robinandchristine

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 06:51:20 PM »
Have a look at Jet 2 who have just recently started flying from Stanstead and have flights for 2018 listed now.

Offline Laura

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 10:11:23 PM »
Thanks angiem....Wednesday only suits for 10 nights but will have a look
Sparky...BA sounds good especially if they are actual connecting flights, I must put the date on diary for when they are released!
Yes Sonia P & because we have the little lady we cant get a package from Belfast for next year (the kaloudis is only giving an option of 2 studios which isn't really feasible although my husband thinks otherwise haha!)
Robinandchristine....Jet 2 is around 500 for all of us from Stanstead  but we can only do belfast to stanstead with easyjet so will have to wait for easyjet to release prices to work out times!
Northern Ireland is so restrictive with flights & destinations aren't great!

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »
Can you fly to Brum? A few options from there to Corfu.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2017, 01:59:24 PM »
Have a look at Jet 2 who have just recently started flying from Stanstead and have flights for 2018 listed now.
Hi
Have never gone independent, and am always amazed at some of the cheap prices people find for flights.
Each year I check, its cheaper by package. Just looked at Jet 2 for September 2018, added the cost of the airport t/f  and the cost of our apartment.
I booked Sept 2018 with Thomson, in May , and with early morning flights from  Gatwick and departing at lunch time , (Jet 2 was from Stansted and the flights were leaving in the afternoon and a late departure) it was still £150 cheaper than independent.
If you choose a later departure flight  from Gatwick,  with Thomson, its cheaper still.
When I am forced to go independent I will have to ask the forum for guidance
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »
When we used to be able to go out of school holidays we found the same as you Geoff . Most of the time package holidays were cheaper .

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
When we used to be able to go out of school holidays we found the same as you Geoff . Most of the time package holidays were cheaper .
Hi
We visit Skiathos every year (for the past 20+ years) and we know people who book the cheapest  package deal they can find, irrespective where it is, just for the flight.
(Skiathos is an expensive island, the new tourist taxes and vat increases that were introduced 2016 do not help).
They do not use their accommodation, but book their favourite place on and  independent basis. This is cheaper than booking own flights and accommodation.
Perhaps that is an option for Corfu visitors to consider?
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 10:50:34 PM »
We know people that do the same in Lesvos mate.....

Offline Laura

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 01:36:07 PM »
Hi Truth, yes can go easyjet to Birmingham so thats an option, thanks!
Thanks Geoff, I did look at that but from Belfast the cheapest package is £1500 for two weeks so not affordable to only use for flights!
Its so difficult being restricted to peak times, before my little girl came along my husband and I got 2 weeks package at the Kaloudis from Befast for under 500 each but that was June... massive difference going in July!! I dont want to get a dirt cheap deal because in reality it isnt going to happen and I would be prepared to pay a little more to get back to Arillas, we just want to find the easiest and most affordable option for our dates!!

Offline Laura

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 10:28:57 PM »
ok folks so i see Ryaniar flights have been released! im in 2 minds what to do!! because flights from belfast to Birmingham havent been released im unsure if times will suit but at the minute i can get birmingham to corfu for the 3 of us woth 2 bags, seats and priority boarding for £560 return!!!

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 10:38:15 PM »
Have you looked at Flybe flights from Belfast to East Midlands?  Ryanair then do flights from there to Corfu. We fly from East Midlands to Belfast a lot. I think though the connecting British Airways  flights mention bed before would probably be best for you with a young child or the flights from Dublin to Corfu.

Offline Laura

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 08:54:44 AM »
oh I must look at flybe! yes the BA connecting flights would be so much easier.....they are currently £760 but can only get 10 days because of my dates and the flight from Belfast to Heathrow leaves at 6.45am! I might risk waiting for the EJ flights so I can compare times!

Offline Sparky

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »
Hi flora, flew out last Friday and only had 90 mins lhr, but because connecting flight ba put sticker on bags for express transfer all ok.  You checkin 24 hrs early on line and get to change your allocated seat if there are any unallocated ones. The flights are available 330 days in advance. If you convert Tesco vouchers for avios then you may be able to get money off. Depends how well the flight is selling. Also, go through security in Belfast, and don't have to do it again in lhr.  Really turned out easier than expected.  Good luck

Offline Laura

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
Thank you very much Sparky!! BA flights are currently £760 for 2 adults and one chlld so wouldnt mind comparing to EJ although having the connections sorted for you may sway the decision!

Booking.com