Author Topic: Average Price  (Read 15065 times)

Offline Laura

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Average Price
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
Hi folks do you mind me asking what the average price per person is flying from England to corfu, with easyjet
we are from Northern Ireland and only thomson fly from Belfast which is over £1100 for 2 adults and a child. We can get a flight from Dublin although aer lingus is usually expensive. We are looking at doing a connecting flight to England for next year as I think it will work out cheaper. Hope you dont mind me asking, is just so I know what to expect!
Thanks again Flora

Offline Andy and Claire

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Average Price
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:17:21 AM »
Hi Flora, sounds expensive. We flew Ryanair in July from Birmingham and it was only £1100 for six of us with pre-booked seats and 7 cases at 15kg each. Must be cheaper for you to fly to the uk and go from here.

Andy.

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:40:58 PM »
Hi, we are going next month using Ryanair from Leeds & Bradford to Corfu and back with hand luggage but paid for priority boarding and seats for 2. Hope this helps.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »
I think you missed the important part out M n M ...... the price 😂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Laura

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 08:01:40 PM »
Thanks Andy&Claire...hate asking about money but just want to see if it will be cheaper to go from England!
Thanks MnM....wpuld be good to hear price if you dont mind sharing! Must look at Ryaniar too!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »
If Aegean fly from Ireland you could look at priced with them to Athens and then an internal to Corfu?
I know quite a few people who do Manchester-Athens-Lesvos and it works for them. An excellent airline and good prices

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »
Looks like Aegan do flights from Dublin to Corfu. I know you would have a couple of hours drive to Dublin but at least just one flight.  Flights not out for next year yet though.

Offline Laura

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 11:22:56 PM »
Thanks Truth & Sonia P.....I havent heard of them before. Oh Dublin would be a better option than England, we have an express bus option as well from there!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 12:04:27 PM »
Depending on the time of year you want to go you can easily get flights for £150 return. This year when we were in Arillas my son was considering getting an early flight home as we had flown from Gatwick instead of Manchester and he couldn't be bothered with the journey home. He could have gone to Manchester early Aug for £26!!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 02:23:57 PM »
Hi Jo,
I think your friends I met out there last week got their flights from Manchester for about £100 return in the school holidays which is unheard of!  That was booking very late but still an absolute bargain!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »
Yeah everything seemed different this year with flight pricing and booking. Normally the earlier you book the cheaper it is but that did not happen this year. I know I got emails in about April time about cheap flights with Ryanair and when I looked they were about £125 each  return without luggage, yet when they first came out they were nearly £300 each. The problem is it is a huge risk to take to book late  in case the flight prices don't come down and/or you can't get the flights for the dates you want.

Offline Laura

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 08:01:49 PM »
Hi Jo, yeah we will be July time so school holidays and public holiday for us in Northern Ireland. So I know we may have to pay a bit more.
That is a real bargain Truth!
Flights are so different now as you say Sonia P...we have 2 dates we can travel on to do 2 weeks but then we do have the option of 10 days but maybe accomodation is weekly only!

Offline Sparky

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 08:23:37 PM »
Hi Flora
We found going the whole trip with back from Aberdeen via Heathrow cheaper than Thomson direct from Aberdeen by going with BA.  Have just done a test for Belfast 13 to 27 July for 2adults and 1child is just under £800 total and that includes 2 cabin bags each and 23 kilos hold luggage each. Seems reasonable

Offline Laura

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 12:07:26 AM »
hi sparky. sorry do you mean you went aberdeen to heathrow then heathrow to corfu?

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 02:02:18 AM »
How about Belfast to Leeds Bradford (less than £100 per person return if bought in advance with Flybe), then Ryanair to Corfu (about £120 return ). Not sure how the times would work out tho' - it might mean an overnight stay in Leeds 'cos Ryanair flights to Corfu are usually 7.30 am. on Wednesdays. Coming back would be ok I think - arrives back in Leeds about 3.30pm.

Booking.com