Author Topic: 4 years away booked for 2018  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
4 years away booked for 2018
« on: September 05, 2017, 10:34:15 PM »
Well after quite a long break I am very excited that we have booked Bardis Hotel for next July. We were undecided where to stay and I think Truth's review on Trip Advisor sealed the deal. Looking forward to a fabulous holiday. Any changes in Arillas in the last few years ? I realise that the bar closes in the hotel at 6.00pm is it ok to use the bar in Bardis Sun Studios next door ? Countdown is on now.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: 4 years away booked for 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:43:09 PM »
Yes you will receive a warm welcome at the Bardis sun studios bar. I'm sure Karl ,(truth,) will agree.

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:36 PM »
Sounds great. I am looking forward to it so much. We went to Parga this year, it was lovely but super busy. Think we just want a chill out holiday.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 01:45:02 AM »
Agree 100% with Sonia. ☺
To be honest Bardis Sun Hotel and Studios just blend into one for us and almost become one.
We also use both pools as others do too.... you will love it Jersey!
I am not a breakfast person at all but always make sure I have it at the Hotel, its lovely and such a relaxed atmosphere 😊
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 11:17:23 AM »
I have never considered it before as I didn't realise that they had apartments with two rooms.  The breakfast is a great added extra, pool looks great. Yes I am very pleased that we have booked. Will be nice to try a new bar too as I have never been in the Bardis Sun Studios.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 01:51:06 PM »
Bardis sun studios recently changed the rules regarding the usage of their pool as they were  having some trouble with non-residents  ( not Karl - honest) and now strictly speaking you have to be a resident but having said that they are flexible if you are using their bar and ask,  then they don't mind.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
It probably was me !   lol
As Sonia says I am sure they would be flexible if you are using the bar
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 08:43:57 PM »
We'll probably just use the bar just to be on the safe side.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »
Last summer my husband and I walked to Afionos. On our return we were desperate for a cold drink and a trip to the toilet so we popped in and asked if we could have a drink and use their toilet. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and we ended up staying for a few drinks and nibbles. After a while the owner said we were welcome to use the pool to cool off if we wished. My husband had a quick swim and I sat on the edge with my feet in the pool as I didn't have my swimsuit on.
It was a lovely end to a lovely day in Afionas!
We said we would pop in again this year but just never found the time! So many great establishments to try and fit in during the holiday!
Maybe next year?

Suzy X

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 09:42:44 PM »
Oh dont be put off using the pool. Sorry if I have put you of. All I was trying to explain is that you do have to ask now as it says on entrance residents only but Bobby welcomes everyone. Very friendly family.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »
I agree Sonia ...he was so lovely and genuine

Suzy X

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »
They sound really lovely. I am looking forward to starting and probably finishing off the night in their bar.

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 05:50:21 PM »
Our last visit will be 12 years next year and we have booked to go next June.  We are really looking forward to going back to Arillas and staying at the Bardis studios again.  I was wondering too if there have been many changes over the last few years.  Are we in for some surprises? 

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
The pool area was refurbished  2 ,years ago and before this season they put in new bathrooms in the downstairs studios. They are great like that in that they plough any profit back into it.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 12:19:57 AM »
In 20 years of visiting Arillas I had heard good things about the studios but had never been in. This year we wandered in to find Sonia and we astounded by the lovely welcome we received from Bobby and the Bardis family. So much so that we recommended them to some friends who were staying at Bardis hotel next door (keep up!) and I think they spent the majority of their holiday in there they loved it that much! Needless to say you have chosen well!

Booking.com