Author Topic: Marvel Hotel  (Read 20583 times)

Offline Alan B

Marvel Hotel
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:32:04 PM »
going in August, sounds good, anyone got any views

Offline John I

Marvel Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:02:08 AM »
Hi Alan B,
We stayed at the Marvel last Oct' and had a good time. The rooms are basic but completely adequate. Set in a quiet rural area, within a ten minute stroll of the beach. It has a lovely pool and bar area; though I doubt you will be interested in the Bar ??
The Hotel does evening meals but you must also try the little Taverna directly opposite for value for money and wonderful food from the friendliest of staff.
Finally, watch out for Black Redstarts, a small bird, about the size of a Sparrow. You should see them all around the Hotel pool. They are very rare in the UK.
 Have a wonderful Holiday. We are back in July.
John I

Offline Alan B

Re Marvel
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:06:35 AM »
Thanks a lot John, i think most views of Arillas are positive, we have been to many Greek Islands, last time in Corfu was 1999 when we stayed in Sidari.
Regards
Alan B

Offline LizNottingham

Marvel Hotel
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:41:17 PM »
Hi we are going next week to Marvel so Ill report back on an up-to-date opinion!

Offline Alan B

Re Marvel
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 06:03:27 PM »
cheers look forward to hearing, and obviously hope u have a great holiday :D

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Marvel Hotel
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 08:30:51 PM »
Hi Alan

We spent three holidays in less than a year at the Marvel, having arrived there the first time on a last minute booking.  Following our first stay we recommended it to friends and they have booked for a second holiday there in July.  The Thomas Cook reps were great last year, but I think there will be new ones this year.

The rooms all have balconies, safes, hair dryers and hand held showers, also air con if you require it.  The pool is fantastic and the bar stays open very late!

We will be in Arillas in June and again from 28th July to 11th August, but staying at Bardis Sun Studios for the August visit.  As John mentioned, the restaurant over the road, Captains, is great and Brouklis is just down the road.

I'm sure you will love your holiday in Arillas.

Fiona

Offline Alan B

re marvel
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 03:26:46 AM »
thanks for the post Fiona, Arillas sounds lovely

Alan

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re Marvelous
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »
Returned from Arillas last week .stayed at the Marvel for second time.We have stayed in other accomodation in Arillas & The rooms are more than basic,& very well equiped(as previos post).great location relaxing atmosphere.& yes the bar does stay open late(I live to tell the tale ):P

Offline Alan B

re Marvel
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 12:41:03 PM »
thanks for the update Kes, sounds good

Regards
Alan

Offline LizNottingham

As promised... Marvel review!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 05:50:18 PM »
Hi Alan. I just came back from the Marvel and an excellent holiday in Arillas. Some things which people haven't mentioned.... the safe deposit boxes only cost 1 euro a day and the air conditioning costs 5 euros a day. The place itself is in a good location, its quiet and the people who run it are very very nice and the service is excellent, they practically wait on you whilst you are sitting round the pool! The worst part is the endless transfer from the hotel and godawful flight times (if you are going with Thomas Cook from Machester or the EMids)

The bathrooms are rather basic, the shower isnt suspended in anyway so it can be quite tricky to keep the water in the little tray whilst using both hands... I think the beds are all twins. There is a tv in the room but it only has greek channels during the day and sky news at night. Other than that the decor is a bit dated and its basic but who stays in their rooms anyway!

The restaurant is good but not a patch on the greek taverna just down the road. Coasta's and Becky's is nice on the beach front (You cant miss costas, he looks like Uncle Fester from the Adams Family... Uncle Feta maybe?).

Overall the place was more than adequate and lived up to my expectations. It appears to have attracted a loyal following as I think we were the only people who were new, one couple we talked to had been there for a month and returned for the last 21 years.

Hope you have a great holiday!  :D

Offline Alan B

Re Marvel
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 08:19:21 AM »
thanks Liz, i think we can safely look forward to a good time, like you say the rooms are only for sleeping in.

looking forward to going, from gatwick in august

Regards
Alan

Offline gemmalou

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Marvel Hotel
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 04:24:24 PM »
do you think we will be out of place then liz ? me and my partner are going to the marvel in july. Never been to corfu before but i read reviews on this site thats what made us pick the marvel.

Maggie

Marvel Hotel
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 07:57:36 PM »
I don't think you will feel out of place, as everyone is very friendly in Arillas. (locals and tourists). I hope you like it, you'll probably be addicted to it once you've been. Enjoy your holiday.  :P

Offline carol2

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
marvel
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »
Hi Gemmalou, our sons who are both in their early 20's love Arillas and actually asked to come again with us this year, plus they're bringing their girlfriends { both 21 }.  You'll see posts on here about Arillas being small & friendly which it is, but what you get in Arillas is quality not quantity. I've never met anyone thats feels out of place in Arillas & am sure you'll enjoy it as much as my whole family do  :D
Carol2
Get the beers in!

Offline gemmalou

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Marvel Hotel
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »
:D  Oh thats good then, im 21 and my partner is 24 so we should be ok and try our best to mingle in and have afew beers......!!!!! I want to go now!!

Booking.com