Author Topic: Meal cost  (Read 9081 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Meal cost
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 11:08:46 AM »
Karl I didn't enjoy my gyros from Beachpoint as much this year. I think it was the bread that they have changed. It was still good but not as good as usual.

Val we are the same with Thomas's/,Vavillas. We first went in ,2001 and it wasn't as busy then but it has been a joy watching their kids grow up. I have always said you feel like you are sat in their dining room having a meal with all the family helping out. Even watching the kids go through their teenage years and all that comes with that was a joy as you forgive them like you would your niece or nephew. Just another to see them growing up and a normal family trying to make a living and serving fantastic food.

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
We have never had a poor Gyro in all the time we have used Beachpoint and that is many times over many visits, and as has been said it is possible to get the odd below standard meal no matter where you may go, be it humble cafe or restaraunt

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »
Spot on Jackson ! 
And when it does happen you shouldn't be afraid to say either.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »
We all get it wrong , on a few occasions......................
.............just like me when, it has been known ,  I drive to Arillas on the wrong side of the road !!

"Gyros , Gyros , baby!!!" or do a U-Turn and try again!!

Negg

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 12:33:19 AM »
As we haven't been for a while we have got to get up to speed with the restaurants.  We obviously loved the brouklis and also Effies..  the last time we went was at the end of the season and it rained...  we had a lovely meal at Effies and she gave us black bin liners and a lift back to the Bardis studios so we didn't get wet.  Had the best fish there.  On the sea front right at the other end before the bend nr Bardis what is the name of that place.  I heard it had changed, is it still opened.  Another place on the front we went in when it rained, all the windows were steamed up, it was a great family atmosphere and everyone ordered soup.  😂  I remember the Thalassa I think it was.  Bit posh but very nice. I also remember Vavilas, the fish was beautiful.  And I agree Poppy is a great cook,  she made us fantastic omelettes when we didn't want a full blown meal.  The Captains was a firm favourite too. We have lots to look forward to I think. Where is the Beachfront x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 12:42:08 AM »
Beachpoint is next to Alex 's supermarket. It has only been open about 4'orr 5 years but overall usually very good gyros and good reasonably priced food. Does some traditional food plus snacks food like gyros, toasties and sandwiches etc

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »
As we haven't been for a while we have got to get up to speed with the restaurants.  We obviously loved the brouklis and also Effies..  the last time we went was at the end of the season and it rained...  we had a lovely meal at Effies and she gave us black bin liners and a lift back to the Bardis studios so we didn't get wet.  Had the best fish there.  On the sea front right at the other end before the bend nr Bardis what is the name of that place.  I heard it had changed, is it still opened.  Another place on the front we went in when it rained, all the windows were steamed up, it was a great family atmosphere and everyone ordered soup.  😂  I remember the Thalassa I think it was.  Bit posh but very nice. I also remember Vavilas, the fish was beautiful.  And I agree Poppy is a great cook,  she made us fantastic omelettes when we didn't want a full blown meal.  The Captains was a firm favourite too. We have lots to look forward to I think. Where is the Beachfront x

I think the one you are thinking of that is right at the end on sea front is Vinceremos. It used to be the seabreeze.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
Aren't Gratsella taking over Vincermo's next year?
Presume they would just extend across?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 05:06:11 PM »
We want to take some beers and gyros and sit on the beach and watch the sun go down.  We didn't do that in St George South last year,  we didn't like the beach there so the idea didn't appeal so it's on our to do list next year.  Hopefully we will have a decent gyros 😀  We know the beers will be good.  That first cold Mythos is what Mike looks forward to. 

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
We want to take some beers and gyros and sit on the beach and watch the sun go down.  We didn't do that in St George South last year,  we didn't like the beach there so the idea didn't appeal so it's on our to do list next year.  Hopefully we will have a decent gyros 😀  We know the beers will be good.  That first cold Mythos is what Mike looks forward to.
That is what I have heard Karl. They had already taken over their apartments this year.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 06:04:58 PM »
That is what I have heard Karl. They had already taken over their apartments this year.

[/quot

Hopefully next year the gyros from Beachpoint will be back on form. Im not sure if there is anywhere else that does takeaway gyros. Maybe Buoyata's do. They are a fairly new Taverna - been open about 3 years? They are up near the Malibu.

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 07:38:24 PM »
Such a lot of changes for us to look forward to.  It will be like going for the first time again 😂

Booking.com