Author Topic: The Marina Pool  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
The Marina Pool
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »
Formerly known as ‘Sharon’s Pool Bar’ is to be under new management next Summer. I look forward as always to discover all the little changes that await us!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Re: The Marina Pool
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
Somewhere I never fancied was Sharon's pool bar. I think it was the number of kids that put me off. Terrible I know.  but I am enjoying my childfree years for a while before the Grandkids come along. I'm sure it was a lovely pool with great hospitality etc and I know a lot of members loved it.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
It's open for offers to manage it. Anybody interested?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »
Hats off , to the lady, for doing so well , over the last few Summers. Breaking her leg , around June time, did not help at all and many saw her struggle on, serving snacks/collecting glasses etc  on a mobile "thingy"
The Gal done good - She will be missed, at the pool bar, but always respected and appreciated for the effort she input to many holidays. - Summer 2018 may see her as a customer and being well looked after by the new manager and staff.
Negg

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
I really liked going there and she never said anything when i was there in july good luck to Sharon and to whoever takes over

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 11:00:19 PM »
I want to add my sincere thanks to an amazing lady, our Sharon, who worked miracles with the pool bar. As an absentee this year I don't know what has happened, but Jen and I for two, will miss her dearly when we meet all and sundry for a drink and a natter there.

EuXaristw Poli dear Sharon. Hope to see you in the Nut one day soon xxxxxxxx

PhilnJen

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »
Only ever popped in a couple of times , could never really take to the place although I had nothing against it if that makes sense .....
I remember Sharon putting a very drunk West Brom fan to rights a few years ago while watching a Chelsea match in the Nut , very amusing !
Good luck for the future Sharon in whatever you do
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »
loved sitting watching the sea with a frappe and whatever was "cake of the day"
good luck Sharon, in whatever you do.
ger x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
Heidi and I have camped at Sharon's pool bar regularly for our annual two week hols and after Heidi damaged her leg 2010 on the first night of the holiday and it was Goddess sent with all the facilities, beer, snacks and beach just across the road :)

We will miss Sharon dreadfully - but equally will look forward to the new management and carry on camping 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »
Knowing the high standards of the Marina hotel and restaurant it would be nice if they ran the pool as well.

Booking.com