Author Topic: Bus transfer.  (Read 24026 times)

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
Bus transfer.
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:12:02 AM »
Hello all !
We've heard a few gripes about the bus transfer from the airport to Arillas.
I know it can be the last drop off point and we arrive in the early hour's if the planes on time . We've heard it can be 2 1/2 to 3 hour's so we wondered if it was worth our while to book a taxi from the airport to Arillas as it only takes about 45 min's.  Any idea's ?
Thank's. :twisted:
Hope I don't burn !

Offline carol2

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Taxi Transfer
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »
Hi Barry,
I recommend you click on "Arillas General Information", scroll down the page & you will see the subject headed either Bus Transfer or Taxi Transfer I can't remember which.
Anyway you'll find 2 pages on this topic which should help you make a decision,
BFN Carol2
Get the beers in!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Bus transfer.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:33:12 PM »
We had the same worries so have decided to book or pick up a taxi for the transfer.  Might not worry about the return journey but cant bear a long coach transfer after a long flight.  Last year we got delayed and had to refuel at Brindisi which made our journey very long.  Would have to let the rep know at the airport what we intend to do though otherwise she could spend hours looking for us.  This site has been very helpful with this information.  :lol:
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline lynne

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Bus transfer.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 04:38:37 PM »
The first year we went to Arillas it went all round the houses to get there we didnt mind so much as the weather was bad and we got to see other resorts that we had thought about booking but were glad we didnt. Second year we went straight there and it took about 45 mins - 1hr every year after that its been hit and miss. If we were ariving during day this year i was thinking of booking taxi but its a night flight so no rush to get round the pool think we'll jump on bus again. :?
lynne

Offline lynda

Bus transfer.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »
Think it all depends on your tour operator. We went last year with Manos and they went directly to Arillas taking about one and a half hours. This year we are going with First Choice and have been told it will take about 2 and a half hours! Needless to say the taxi is booked! Cheers, Lynda

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
Bus transfer.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »
Ok thank's for your answer's Lynda,Lynne,Blondegirl &Carol2 !
The people on this site have a wealth of info !
I'll show these to my missus and she can decide what to do !
I just follow like an old Labrador !!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline John I

Bus transfer.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 12:20:04 AM »
Hi Barry,
 From what I have read on the Forum, our transfer in Oct' 2005 with Thomas Cook might be  the longest on record. It took three hours 50 minutes. However our return journey to the airport took less than one hour!
Being a glutton for punishment I have again opted for Coach Transfer for our Holiday in July. Might break 4hours this time??
John I

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
Transfer.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 12:41:17 AM »
That's a horror story John !!
I think my inner Victor Meldrew would be making an appearance !
2year's ago we had an 18 hour delay in Man airport !
I wished I was dead !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Bus transfer.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 06:20:12 PM »
hope you dont have the same problem this year!

Offline Carolebabel

Bus transfer.
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »
Our transfer with Manos took over 4 hours last year!  We were stuck on the bus in the airport for over an hour as someone's bags had gone missing and then dropped in Sidari to await an minibus for the journey onwards to Arillas.  It was well worth it when we eventually got there.  Think we'll opt for a taxi this year though!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Bus transfer.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 01:46:12 PM »
hope there wont be a shortage of taxis on the 19th June - we dont need a taxi strike then! :lol:

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Bus transfer.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 10:02:05 PM »
We have ours booked for June 19th.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
Song's.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 12:12:51 AM »
If any of you have a delay of any kind download some of these onto your mp3 player and have a listen.
It's ME !!   ALL ME ME ME !!!!http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54503707 :lol:
Hope I don't burn !

Offline ianto

Taxi
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 01:18:03 AM »
Used a taxi for outward and return journeys, arranged by Noula of San Stefanos travel. Excellent service both ways and worth the 45 euros each way - 40 minute journey rather than the 3 - 4 hours spent on the bus by couple in neighbouring room.

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Bus transfer.
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 10:15:36 AM »
Planning to use a taxi from the airport this time and to use local companies for organising trips, getting really fed up with how the big tour operators take your money and treat you badly.
Last year we went on a trip on the glass bottomed boat (excellent by the way) but the trip back took us about 3 hours, and we were dumped in Sidari (as this is where the rep was staying) told we would have to transfer to a smaller coach, there were 20 of us going onto Arillas, guess what, same size coach turned up.
Plan it locally and keep the local businesses going I say!!

Booking.com