Author Topic: Bus transfer.  (Read 24024 times)

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
Re: Bus transfer.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 02:47:47 PM »
Well we were finally there a few week's ago and it was fantastic !
When we'd picked up our cases at the airport we were directed to our bus and told that the only people on it (9 or 10 people ) were all going to Arillas so we thought great,straight there.
But no. 2 people never turned up for the bus so we were sat on it for an hour waiting for them and then the rep said that they must have made their own way there by taxi ,but never bothered to tell her so we waited for nothing !
Then , bugger me on the return journey to the airport at the end of our holiday ,surprise surprise they weren't at their hotel to go back either and once again they hadn't told the rep or anything !
Some people !!!!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline sinbads little girl

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 05:56:11 PM »
are bus transfer was perefect but we waited at the airport for a good hour then it was an hour journey  it all depend who else is on the coach and where there going we were the first it went to arillas the sidari hope it doesnt take a long time luv little miss

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 06:59:27 PM »
Sorry Barry, shouldnt laugh but it did make me chuckle!  Some people can be a bit thoughtless cant they?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 02:33:59 PM »
Had a great holiday anyway after the little hiccup!
So much so that we've booked again for next year and we'll have company this time as my mate and his wife saw our photo's and heard us gushing about Arillas so the more the merrier !
We'd heard that the Mirage apartment's were fully booked for next year ,while we were there but as soon as we got back we had a look on the internet and there was plenty of dates.
There were 3 of us in an apartment this year and the rest of the apartment's were all couples.
So we thought next year the 3 of us will have 1 apartment and our 2 friend's can get one too.
But when we tried to book online the Mirage wouldn't take couples ,only 3's.
We went to Thomas Cook and they said the Mirage would only take 3's too and that it was unusual.
Anyway a week or so later it changed but there was an extra 188 quid supplement.
Anyway we're in the Mirage next year and our friend's have got into the Akti which is just around the corner so we're all looking forward to the end of August next year !
Yassoo !!!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 02:38:59 PM »
Glad you got it all sorted out Baldy Barry!

It's amazing how many folks, ourselves included, visit Arillas for the first time and before you know it all your family and friends are tagging along too.  In our case it's started a chain reaction 'cos they all bring their friends and family too!

Eileenx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 06:53:52 PM »
We booked very quickly after getting back in June to go back next June and were really excited about it.  I wanted my friend to come and experience it too and she has booked as well now, and was quite happy to pay the single supplement at the Bardis as it is such good value.  I would love my parents, and sister and kids to come too as I know they would love it but I think it would be too hot for them when we go, but I know they would love an earlier or later date. Dont you find that when you are away you end up saying mum and dad would like this, or the kids would love that etc.  So they might as well join you in enjoying it as well.   Like you said it can be a chain reaction.Sue x
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline corfu2002

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 07:53:56 PM »
That brings back some wonderful memories for me......chain reaction etc.first time we visited corfu I said that over and over about my Mum and Dad,and How they would love this or that,they had never been abroad before.

I kept on so much when We  came home,I managed to persuade them,it was so exciting showing them brochure after brochure and our photos knowing they would be coming with us,well they did,and fell in love with it watching their faces on the transfer bus was lovely as they took in the scenery.we all did our own things Mum and Dad preferred the beach,going off on their
walks together.Both my sisters came and 1 of my brothers and My Niece and we all had a great time.Mum and Dad talked about it all year round Mum took to putting Garlic in everything she cooked even gravy!Sadly both parents  have now passed away,although I hope this doesnt come across as sad,it isnt meant to ,instead it brought back treasured memories of those happy times we spent together on Corfu,I still say mum and Dad would love this especially Arillas.xx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 08:26:44 PM »
...although I hope this doesnt come across as sad,it isnt meant to ,instead it brought back treasured memories of those happy times we spent together on Corfu,I still say mum and Dad would love this especially Arillas.xx

I enjoyed reading your post, I don't think you wonderful memories are sad at all.

My dad did not get the chance to visit Greece, but like you I still say Dad would love this, Dad would love that...

Eileenx

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 07:19:14 PM »
What lovely times for you to remember corfu2000. I did enjoy reading your post. Lindypops.
Lindypops.

Offline corfu2002

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »
What lovely times for you to remember corfu2000. I did enjoy reading your post. Lindypops.
Thankyou, Lindypops.

Booking.com