Author Topic: Beach of 2018  (Read 56338 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Beach of 2018
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »
The beach is looking great on the webcam. Probably not as wide as last year, it's difficult to tell. Nevertheless it still looks extremely inviting!

Suzy x

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2018, 02:13:49 PM »
Just a bit of a gripe. On our last day of holiday it was very windy so we decided to pay for a fixed umbrella on the beach as it was too windy for the portable ones. We eventually decided on the ones in front of Portofinos. It was 10 euros for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella. They are very comfortable with thick padding and sturdy wooden beds. There is also a fixed table in between. The cost included a bottle of water brought nice and chilled in a cool bucket and 2 actual glasses rather than plastic cups. Brilliant. However, the lady that runs these was extremely irritating. She first of all asked us a million questions about where we normally sat on the beach (had been going down near Gratselas as quieter), why we normally did not go down that end etc. Demanded we go to her in future. She also kept coming up to us and slagging off Ammos' sunbeds saying they were dirty and were not safe in the strong wind etc. I must say that I found her very irritating and it put me off hiring sunbeds from her again.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2018, 03:31:28 PM »
Things like that annoy me too Sonia...so unprofessional!

We usually use Dimitris sunbeds towards the north beach but if for any reason we couldn't then I'll keep that lady (rather not lady, more like rude person) in mind

one more sleep

Suzy x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2018, 05:43:46 PM »
Have a fantastic holiday Suzy. I'm sure you will.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2018, 06:02:20 PM »
Thank you Sonia. Just finished packing...yiphee!

Suzy.x

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 12:20:44 PM »
Jill & I are beach people and as much as we love staying at the Mathraki find it can be sometimes too stifling.

We always used to bring our own "brolly" & lay on sunbeds but find it a little uncomfortable now in our "older Age" (Sorry Jill) so opt for the comfortable beds in front of Ammos etc.

Previously always opted for Ammos but this Year Portofino beds are the same so gave them a bash and was greeted by Sabrina who we came to love - I admit she does like to question but we gave as much and enjoyed it - We never ever found her rude or offensive and she certainly never dismissed any competition to us - Anything we needed she was always there - Sonia perhaps you caught her on a bad day?

I must admit though that we found the waiter in Portofino a little abrupt when we tried for lunch - Never went back & stuck to Beach Point!!!

Wish We were still there!!!!

Neil & Jill

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 12:44:54 PM »
Yeah she is quite a character Neil and although I found her irritating as trying to relax and she was a bit too in our faces, I would have gone back up until the point of when she then started to slag off the competition. Didn't like that.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »
Arrived back today and the beach is absolutely amazing again this year almost as wide as last year. Beautiful!
 We also used to take our own mats and brollies but the past couple of years we've had to resort to hiring the sunbeds. We used Dimitri's beds just to the right of Kaloudis, for the 3rd year running. He's a lovely bloke, so friendly and helpful. It's a lot quieter than the main beach and more spacious, even though none of the beach is noisy or crowded. However there's no wifi at that end which doesn't bother us but you can soon pick it up when you head up to any of the tavernas.
We just love that beach and missing it already

Suzy x 

Offline kerkyraios

• mature friends??
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »
hi all
off to the beach tomorrow
hopefully i will enjoy it
anyone there?

Booking.com