Author Topic: Arillas Newbies?  (Read 7775 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Arillas Newbies?
« on: March 24, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »
Hello there to any newbies visiting Arillas for the first time. Please ask if you have a particular burning question about this beautiful village as many of us have been going for years. Also would be great to hear from
Anyone who visited last year for the first time and if your visit lived up to the hype? X

Offline juliescot

Re: Arillas Newbies?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:39:23 PM »
Hi Jo we are coming for 2 weeks I june. We have only been day visitors to the nude beach for the last 2 years. We love it there we make the car journey from Agios gordios just for the lovely beach and often end up having a meal there late afternoon when we leave the beach.
We have booked the mirage studios which we enjoyed eating there in the evening and they looked lovely. any advice most welcome.
Julie.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 12:22:22 PM »
Oh I’m sure you wlll absolutely love the mirage Julie. What a superb beachfront location and Angela and Nikos will go out of their way to make your holiday unforgettable. We always stop for a breakfast or drink and she always makes us feel so welcome. Worth noting that there is another naturist beach nearer to where you are as it is ‘tolerated’ at both far (far) ends of the main beach. Enjoy and let us know how you get on xx

Offline juliescot

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:00:40 PM »
Hi Jo is that the south beach ?.
I have read about it on forums but there's not a lot of info on it.
Has it got sunbeds or is it rough it lol. 

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 12:45:38 AM »
Sunbeds I am not sure about sorry but I’m sure someone will be able to help you. We always use North as we stay at the Marinaki which is the last apt’s before the cliff. Let’s face it, an extra ten minutes walk along that blissful beach may be no hardship x

Offline robinandchristine

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 02:54:57 PM »
The sunbed owner for the south beach (I cant remember his name. Pedro? - he also does the pedalos) will not allow nudity on his hired section of the south beach. He has signs and will tell you off. You need to go past his sunbeds and the the world is your oyster. Just take a mat. This is the best beach by far IMHO and there is hardly anyone there.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 07:58:45 PM »
I’m not surprised Pedro would tell you off that’s the main public beach!

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »
There was a lot of seaweed when we tried to get there in September really tough walking lots of pebbles too, we gave up and walked along the beach to the other end!

Offline KandPDay

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
Hello!

We are coming for the first time this June too.  7th to 17th staying at Capitan apartments.  Myself (I'm Karen) my husband Paul and our friends Mim and Dave.  We have been to Corfu several times and Greece dozens more. 

We are hoping for long sunny days on the beach rounded off with good food and too many ouzo's and cocktails.

We also like to have a wander around the area for a few days so we have a car for the 10 days.  What places do you all like to visit outside of the village? 

After our stay in Arillas, we are going to Paxos for 5 days.  Then our last night/day will be in Corfu Town.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »
Hi KandPDay, you must let us know what the capitans apt are like. We almost booked there this year but decided to go back to the marina. They are in a fab position & you'll love the Ammos, a great place to chill after a day on the beach.

karen

Offline KandPDay

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »
Will do.  I can see us all sat there with a cocktail watching the sun go down.

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 12:24:01 AM »
A walk to the headland at Afionas is lovely, with the restaurant at the top is worth a visit. Or walk along the cliff to san Stef is a good walk too.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 10:02:00 AM »
There are so many beautiful places to visit in the surrounding area. We usually have a few hours in Kalami each year but wherever we go we always prefer Arillas! As Sue has said, Afionas is beautiful and only a 5-10 minute drive. You must visit Dionysos restaurant for the spectacular view it will totally blow you away, go right to the top of the village and you will find it behind the church down a little alleyway. Also Akrotiri is s lovely spot and somewhere we always walk to, walk down to the beach crossroads and turn right then when you get to the cliff start walking up the path and you will eventually come to it. You will arrive at Gravia bar first then turn left and walk another 5 minutes and you will come to Akrotiri. Stunning views over Arillas and San Steph x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »
Hi Karen

Welcome . Like Jo said there are some beautiful places to visit. We also love Kalami where the Durrells lived. Their home is now a restaurant called the white House. We also love a restaurant at Pagi called Romeo's which is just after a bend that was in the James,Bond film called for your eyes only. Kassiopi is also beautiful. Paleo is beautiful but very busy. There are many places but these are my favourites.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 02:42:09 PM »
Just a few words on South end of Beech the "NO NUDE SUNBATHING" signs were put there by the council as it had gradually crept right down to just passed Gratzella and there had been a lot of complaints. Officaly there are no naturist beachs in Corfu but it is torrerated by the lovely people, tell somebody upsets the apple cart and then the punishment for the village and the people can be very extreme. If you can get right to the end and cannot be seen from the end off the main road it Ignored.
I'm sure all you newbies will enjoy.x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com