Author Topic: Arillas Newbies?  (Read 7779 times)

Offline KandPDay

Re: Arillas Newbies?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »
We won't be joining in on the nudy sunbathing but aren't bothered by those around us. 

Offline KandPDay

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »
Hello!

We are coming for the first time this June too.  7th to 17th staying at Capitan apartments.  Myself (I'm Karen) my husband Paul and our friends Mim and Dave.  We have been to Corfu several times and Greece dozens more. 

We are hoping for long sunny days on the beach rounded off with good food and too many ouzo's and cocktails.

We also like to have a wander around the area for a few days so we have a car for the 10 days.  What places do you all like to visit outside of the village? 

After our stay in Arillas, we are going to Paxos for 5 days.  Then our last night/day will be in Corfu Town.

Well after a few traumatic months, my mum passed away last week and we now know that we will be coming to Arillas.  We were so looking forward to our visit and then mum became ill with pancreatic cancer.  We put our lives on hold and cared for mum, she was the more important than any holiday.

Now we will be coming and boy do we need it! Won't be the same as we will have a very heavy heart but we are now looking forward again to our time in Arillas.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 11:38:11 PM »
My condolences to you and your family. My mum terminally ill but still fighting but up until the day we go I will still be saying that we will be in Arillas "all being well". It is a cruel disease. It's living with a ticking time bomb. Arillas will help you in your grief I'm sure and a time to stop and reflect. Hope you have a great holiday.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 08:12:03 AM »
Very very sorry to hear about your mum’s passing. I can’t imagine what you must have gone through. I know it may sound silly but I have always found Arillas to be a very spiritual place and can’t imagine anywhere else more suited to help heal your pain. A place to reflect on life and ‘re-boot’. Please try to tell us how you went on and what you thought xx

Offline KandPDay

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 11:33:18 PM »
Thank you for your thoughts.

Sonia, I hope your mum isn't suffering.  You are right, it's so cruel.  I hope you manage to get your holiday.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »
Thanks. No she is not suffering at present thankfully and  she is still having a good quality of life. It is on her liver. All started with skin cancer which then spread to her lymph nodes and now liver. Like I always keep saying on here - please, please, people protect your skin in the sun.

Offline KandPDay

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 10:35:42 PM »
Hi KandPDay, you must let us know what the capitans apt are like. We almost booked there this year but decided to go back to the marina. They are in a fab position & you'll love the Ammos, a great place to chill after a day on the beach.

karen

Hi Karen/Colin,

Just to let you know that the Capitan apartments are excellent.  The location is great and even though only a street away from the music bars, you can't hear anything with the shutters and doors closed and the air con on!

The grounds are well maintained with lovely flowering plants.  There is parking on site but only for 2 cars but opposite is another property where you can park.

Inside, the apartments are decorated nicely and have extra touches which makes them feel homely.  They are cleaned regularly and bedding and towels changed often.

Anna the owner is lovely and her brother owns the supermarket just at the seafront called "Alex."  If you need anything, you only need to ask.

Would definitely stay again!

Hope this helps

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 10:47:32 PM »
Hi, thanks for the update. We did have a walk up there last week to have a nosey.  Always nice to stay in different places although we have loved being at the marina again
Karen x

Booking.com