Author Topic: Vegans in Arillas  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Chris & Mark's mum

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Vegans in Arillas
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:05:11 AM »
Does anywhere serve vegan food in Arillas? My son, daughter in law and their 3 children are coming to Arillas with us in June.
I know lots of places do vegetarian food but vegan? Yikes!
Jane
We are the people that my parent's warned me about........

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Vegans in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »
The problem is, Greeks don't really 'get' why anyone would want to be vegetarian ( - or vegan).
As far as they're concerned, humans eat meat and it's unnatural not to, lol.
(I'm afraid, I have to say I agree)

Having said that, as I'm sure you know, the restaurants always go out of their way to please their customers, so I think if your family are specific in their requests, they won't have a problem. Plus, given the number of 'happy clappies' now in Arillas ( - many of whom I'm sure have similar requirements), the restaurants are probably fairly used such requests.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 04:09:18 PM »

Hi
Chris and Mark

Ask Dimitri send a personal message he might know he knows a lot of restaurant people it doent hurt to ask

kevin

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:37:41 PM »
The problem is, Greeks don't really 'get' why anyone would want to be vegetarian ( - or vegan).
As far as they're concerned, humans eat meat and it's unnatural not to, lol.
(I'm afraid, I have to say I agree)

Having said that, as I'm sure you know, the restaurants always go out of their way to please their customers, so I think if your family are specific in their requests, they won't have a problem. Plus, given the number of 'happy clappies' now in Arillas ( - many of whom I'm sure have similar requirements), the restaurants are probably fairly used such requests.

I didn't think they ate in restaurants , just drank water and took up tables ! 😂
Sorry, I couldn't resist ☺
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 11:31:03 PM »
I didn't think they ate in restaurants , just drank water and took up tables ! 😂
Sorry, I couldn't resist ☺

Hahaha - Good point!

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 12:45:44 AM »
Does anywhere serve vegan food in Arillas? My son, daughter in law and their 3 children are coming to Arillas with us in June.
I know lots of places do vegetarian food but vegan? Yikes!
Jane

There are many places in Arillas which serve a variety of delicious, traditional vegetarian Greek meals. My wife has run yoga retreats in Arillas over the last couple of years and her students have raved about the vegetarian meals they have been served. However, many of these meals get their protein from cheese which obviously won’t suit vegans. I’m sure vegans would survive in Arillas but the choice of meals would be limited but if you ask the taverna owners, particularly with a little notice, they will come up with something delicious.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »
Hi
I think that the morning, and  course enrolment  centre/ meeting place for the Hippy Happy Brigade, opposite the Amourada, a sort of cafe snack bar or whatever, was serving Vegan food last September
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 05:28:00 PM »
Whispers isn't it , and the café that's adjoined to it?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »
Hi
Believe so, sounds familiar
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Booking.com