Author Topic: Arriving 4th June wandered what exchange rate is please  (Read 34023 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arriving 4th June wandered what exchange rate is please
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 09:47:40 PM »
I used the ATM by Arillas cars a few days ago (ordinary debit card) and got 1.05!!! - shocking.
Hi
The odd time we have bought currency in Arillas we used the place where you can book coach trips etc just along from the Armourda towards Brouklis on the opposite side of road. Always got a good rate, commission  free. We always used cash (£) for the transaction
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 09:50:00 PM »
Trouble is you never know which way it will effect the rates..... SO unpredictable
Hi
Should improve the rate
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 10:04:30 PM »
I have thought this before with economic changes and then the rate goes the other way to what the experts predict.....
Hopefully you are right mate ☺
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 10:19:38 PM »
I have thought this before with economic changes and then the rate goes the other way to what the experts predict.....
Hi
The Euro will fall in value. It certainly wont rise
Geoff

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 10:51:41 PM »

Hi
The £ will buy more €. It certainly wont buy less.
Geoff
It’s not all gain though because as the £ gets stronger against the € our exports become more expensive for the EU to buy

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 12:14:34 AM »
I know, the company I work for is really effected as we export a lot to Europe.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
Hi
I must not mention  the you know what, and the scare mongers doing their best to bog down negotiations, will also reflect in the exchange rate.
Geoff

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 04:14:41 PM »
I think it is best not to mention the "you know what" Geoff and respect the fact that some of us didn't want it. :-(

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 06:28:21 PM »
Hi
Believe it or not, this thread is the first I have ever started on the subject of ‘’you know what’’
I have the utmost respect for those not enamoured with the results of ‘’you know what’’ The same as I do when a general/local election doesn’t go my way. I have to accept it.

My biggest grouse is with those in Parliament and the Lords (don’t get me started on the Lords) who will not accept that as a democratic country we had a democratic vote and unanimously voted for ‘’you know what’’.
Because of their egos and selfish desires they will not respect a democratic vote, they are more interested in their own agendas and political careers together with their EU pension rights, than they are by this countries democratic voice and future.
The doom and gloom merchants have been proved wrong time and time again. Their interventions make a good exit of ‘’you know what’’ very difficult. We are so often negotiating from a weak position rather than one of strength, as ‘’you know who’’ are aware of the political unrest and lack of unity. We should be in strong position to make a good exit.

When we leave, and we will, and the deal is not perfect, blame will be with the political elite who think they know better than the electorate, not with the Referendum result.

They need us more than we need them. Why else do they keep throwing up obstacles? Because they don’t want us to leave the ‘’you know what’’. They want to thwart our exit at every stage believing our resolve will fail.
 If everybody accepted that the UK made a democratic decision, respected it, and worked together to negotiate the leaving of ‘’ you know what’’ on good terms we will be great again.

I have just heard a voice in the back of my mind saying ‘’shut up’’ so I will.
Geoff

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
We shouldn’t be surprised! Nothing really changes for the better.  Whatever happens it is never in our control anyway.

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 09:07:28 PM »
Dimitris, can you please delete any posts that mention Brexit. This is not a political soap box for people of a certain persuasion. The Brexit vote has caused quite a lot of misery for people who use the forum, and we can do without  the political statements being made.

The title of this Topic is "Arriving 4th June wandered what exchange rate is please?" Is is not asking about the wrongs and rights of Brexit

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 11:05:35 PM »
Dimitris, can you please delete any posts that mention Brexit. This is not a political soap box for people of a certain persuasion. The Brexit vote has caused quite a lot of misery for people who use the forum, and we can do without  the political statements being made.

The title of this Topic is "Arriving 4th June wandered what exchange rate is please?" Is is not asking about the wrongs and rights of Brexit
Hi Terry
My comment that prompted your response was, I thought, a light hearted  reply,  in context re the exchange rate. 
I thought I answered your comment about (my?)  lack of respect of others views on '' you know what'' Maybe in too much detail? Possibly.
Although, I feel I must add, that censorship is not democracy.
If you are in Arillas in Sept I will buy you a pint.

Geoff

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 12:42:26 AM »

I'll say it, if nobody else will.

It's not censorship.
Some people are just getting a bit fed up of you turning posts into a political soapbox at every opportunity.
You've made your opinions clear now, on numerous occasions.
Please can we be spared further comments on the subject?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 10:10:44 AM »

Hi Terry
My comment that prompted your response was, I thought, a light hearted  reply,  in context re the exchange rate. 
I thought I answered your comment about (my?)  lack of respect of others views on '' you know what'' Maybe in too much detail? Possibly.

Geoff

I am in Arillas , September , and a pint would go down nicely with that Colmans!!

Meanwhile ...... the exchange rate hovers around e1.11. I am told though , that if you want to exchange large amounts , this is negotiable. (not really sure)
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 10:23:55 AM »

Hi Terry

Geoff

I am in Arillas , September , and a pint would go down nicely with that Colmans!!

Meanwhile ...... the exchange rate hovers around e1.11. I am told though , that if you want to exchange large amounts , this is negotiable. (not really sure)
Negg
Hi
It will be a pleasure. Perhaps I could find a nice pork pie to share as well.
Best online rate is showing as 1.13
Geoff

Booking.com