Author Topic: Arillas Roads  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Dave70

Arillas Roads
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:35:49 AM »
Hi, we're going to Arillas in 2wks time (our first time there) and we are staying in Helios Court Villa. I was wondering if anyone can let me know what the walk down the beach would be like as we have small children with us and from the pictures I've seen its just roads that we'd be walking on. IE are they busy with cars/mopeds, steep ect.. Also are they well lit at night.
Thanks

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Roads
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 08:18:02 AM »
Hi there Dave and welcome to the Forum. To be totally honest I would imagine walking to the beach with little ones would be a little too far based on where your villa is, especially in the August heat!

Have you looked into hiring a car maybe for a couple of days? It’s definitely not a walk I would recommend at night. Maybe someone who has stayed there will be able to give you some more accurate info. I know that you have chosen a beautiful villa and I know that you will live Arillas. We arrive on 6th Aug and cannot wait!

Offline Dave70

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »
Thankyou for your reply Jo much appreciated,  we've been thinking of hiring a car for a few days so think we'll look into it. We also arrive on the 6th Aug and are really looking forward to it as we've only heard great things about Arillas.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »
This is our 22nd year so I definitely think I can recommend haha! Please try to visit Brouklis for food which is on the right and next door to the pizzeria as you drive to the beach. It’s wonderful! To be honest you will be spoilt for choice as all the tavernas are amazing! Try the Horizon hotel on the seafront for something a little more special and Gratzela just a little further along for a long lazy lunch with spectacular beach views. Enjoy xx

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »
If you are hiring a car, then I would recommend Arillas Cars and they will drop the car of to you at the airport and you can leave it again at the air port.  Hopefully you won't have any problems but  if you  do then you can just pop into their shop in Arillas. They tend to give a very competitive rate.

Offline Dave70

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 04:19:43 PM »
Thankyou both very much for your help and advice we'll certainly be checking everything out which you have mentioned.  👍

Offline Dave70

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 01:05:49 PM »
Can anyone tell me if Arillas has any taxis in the resort or would I need to phone one if I needed one. Thanks.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 02:52:07 PM »
They don’t have an actual taxi rank but any of the local businesses will be happy to ring one for you.

Offline Dave70

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 04:56:25 PM »
Thankyou once again Jo.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 06:09:31 PM »
Dave you can't rely upon it  but I do believe that if you asked any business owner to phone you a taxi that they would probably give you a lift themselves. The people of Arillas are like that! Love them.

Offline Dave70

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
Thankyou Sonia someone else actually said the same thing on a review that we read.

Booking.com