Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Dave70

Car hire
« on: July 25, 2018, 12:21:03 AM »
Hi can anyone recommend a good car hire place for a 7 seater please,  Arillas cars has been recommended and I've emailed them but unfortunately they don't do 7 seaters anymore, another one that's been recommended is Arillas Travel I've emailed them and waiting for a reply,  has anyone used these before for car hire.  Thanks
Dave

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Car hire
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:19:07 PM »
I think you will struggle with any hire firms local to Arillas but worth trying Arillas Travel. You may have to go through one of the more known ones that you pick up from at the airport. Not used Arillas Travel for car hire but they are well known in Arillas and easy to pop in and see if you have any problems.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 12:31:16 PM »
Spiros at Arillas Travel is usually (in Greek terms anyway!) pretty quick in getting back to E mails .  Give him another nudge or call them . His English is excellent
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »

Try Olgas Travel as well. Certainly provide a good service with hire cars but I don't know if they do 7 seaters.

Offline Dave70

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »
Thanks everyone. I've found one online who do 7 seaters and will drop and collect from Arillas called 'Fairdeal Car Hire'.  I tried Olgas but again they're cars only go up to 5 seats. I'll wait for a reply from Arillas Travel before ordering anything I think as they've been recommended. 

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
On a separate note - I think a lot of the travel companies work together. We booked a day trip to Corfu Town through Olga's travel and we were picked up outside Olga's travel but in an Arillas Travel minibus. Confused.com

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 06:16:52 PM »

Hi

Yes we use olga’ for trips etc even going to Sidari for the day €6 each that’s return yes they accommodate to the size of the party your with very good

Kev

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 06:19:15 PM »
On a separate note - I think a lot of the travel companies work together. We booked a day trip to Corfu Town through Olga's travel and we were picked up outside Olga's travel but in an Arillas Travel minibus. Confused.com

Arillas Travel was started by Olga. Spiros was her husband. Olga and Spiros divorced, Spiros kept Arilla Travel and Olga opened Olgas Travel. Sadly, Olga died a couple of years ago and their daughter took over Olgas Travel. I think Spiros is helping her get on her feet.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
Correct Angie .

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »

Hi

Why hasn’t she got none or has she lost them

Kevin sorry it must be the sun

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »
Thanks Angie for explaining. I had heard Olga had sadly died. There is also an Olga's travel in San Stefanos (or at least there used to be).

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 02:40:29 PM »
I am sure it's still there Sonia , well it was last time we strolled over there ?

Booking.com