Author Topic: I am so very dissapointed.........  (Read 10130 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
I am so very dissapointed.........
« on: July 27, 2018, 04:51:25 PM »
........ at the number of tourists here who leave their road sense or pedestrian awareness at home!! - I use the word "tourist" here as they are nothing like you Arillas veterans. - So.... the quad bike with his left signal flashing who suddenly veers to over to turn right.  And.... what about the quad bike convoy?? Four , in a line at speed you would fall asleep to maintain. - But all hunched together so how do you get past them?? And.....the hire car, at a T-Junction , who is lost , panics, and then stops dead!! - Pull in first , you plonker, there are 3 vehicles behind you and one approaching. Has happened more than once but doea not beat the one that approached me, on the wrong side of the road , after pulling out from a junction.
And.................what about the guy doing 10mph with a road map on the steering wheel??
The pedestrians who like to walk 3 abreast and then give you a dirty look if you honk them. The couple who let their child run across the road, before me . to look at Yiotas Shop. The happy Hippies who think they float on water, courtesy of their Guru, and are oblivious to any 4 wheeled vehicle.
 I have just pranged my Punto Mirror, pulling close to the Coconut wall to let a van though who had to go past a 3 abreast family. He hooted them but one adult looked, as if to say , Yeah???? -.
C'mom guys!!! - I hope you Arillas veterans, out there. pass all this on to the newbies out here. Tell them, because they are on holiday they do not throw the "Highway Code" rule book outa the window and do not walk around with a thumb up their bum!!
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: I am so very dissapointed.........
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »
Agree with all of the above mate , but its not going to get your wing mirror back sorry ....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 06:26:13 PM »

Hi

Well said Neil people think they are invincible because they are on holiday
So be vigilant the roads are not like in England there’s no pavement in Arillas

BE SAFE AND HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY

KEVIN

P/s. You don’t want me to bring a wing mirror out as

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. Bobby was driving me around to the see Dr Yanni when we were there a few weeks ago (nothing serious) and he couldn't get past people walking 2 or 3 abreast and like you say they look at you as though you have no right to be on the road. I am sorry but I am afraid the hippy, happy brigade do seem to be the worse for this. Haven't lifted their head up from naval gazing probably.

Offline ron

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
Well said that young man,another example people watching and listening to the group in coconut from the roadside.
ron

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »
Probably waiting to get in it gets that packed..... 🙂

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 10:19:38 PM »
No probably too tight to buy a drink and instead listen to some free enertainment

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 10:49:27 PM »
I knew I'd get found out ! 😂

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 09:46:17 AM »
Haha I was talking about the hippy happy brigade mainly!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 10:11:22 AM »
Maybe I will use this link and report, hopefully not daily , of any "lack of concentration happenings"
(My wing mirror is now super glued back - The question is should I buy more glue , just in case??
Cheers
Negg

Offline audrey

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
Oh dear.
Who are the hippy brigade.I Remember in the sixties hippies were laid back non aggressive  people who wished no harm to anyone.
  Also,  we've only been to Arillas  6 times, do we qualify as veterans fully entitled to criticise other people who are holidaying?  It's all a bit of a worry.
Should I cancel?

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 12:02:15 PM »
Oh dear.
Who are the hippy brigade.I Remember in the sixties hippies were laid back non aggressive  people who wished no harm to anyone.
  Also,  we've only been to Arillas  6 times, do we qualify as veterans fully entitled to criticise other people who are holidaying?  It's all a bit of a worry.
Should I cancel?
Hi
There is a posting dedicated to the Hippy Happy Brigade
Dont cancell though
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline audrey

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 12:10:05 PM »
It's just the thought of all those "gentle people with flowers in their hair" walking three abreast that frightens me.
 They will not make us cancel! We'll have to live and let live I guess.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
Audrey
There is no reason , whatsoever , to cancel. They are a very peaceful group but are known for their chanting and beach yoga.
 (Though, with a small minority, beach antics can get out of hand - But only on the naturist end) To be honest chanting is much better than a group of lager louts singing "Here we go , Here we go" and beach yoga is much more acceptable than balls n frisbees being thrown/kicked in your direction whilst  a "Ghetto Blaster" works overtime.  It may not be long before they become a tourist attraction. It is good business for many locals but a few of these "new age folk"  need to consider  others are trying to relax as well , in a way that does not interfere with anyone.
All this said they , as many on holiday, cannot leave their common sence in the appt before venturing out on small busy Arillas roads. (On foot or scooter etc)
Cheers
Negg

Offline audrey

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »
Thanks Neggy for reassuring us.
 Never the less we'll give them a wide berth if encountered. Mind you we'll probably have to if they're walking three abreast

Booking.com