Author Topic: Arillas in September.  (Read 5522 times)

Offline MarkandLisa

Arillas in September.
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:47:08 PM »
We've visited Corfu twice before at the end of September staying in Kassiopi, and although there were people around, and places were still open, it was a little too quiet. We decided to come a week earlier this year - mid-September - in the hope that it would be a little livelier, but then found that nothing was available for Kassiopi within our budget for the week we had off.

We looked at other resorts in the north, and rooms at the Rainbow Complex in Arillas caught our eye. After a little reading up about the apartments and resort, and watching a couple of YouTube videos, we booked it.

We've never been to Arillas before, what is the resort like at that time of year? Is it very busy, fairly lively, quiet but with a few people around, or totally dead with places closing down for the end of season? Maybe someone who's been there at that time could tell me please.

Additionally, what is the resort like in general? Although I have read quite a lot of reviews that say how nice it is there and how people tend to go back year after year, I don't really get much of a general impression of what the resort is like with regards to things like choice of bars/tavernas/restaurants, or things like shops and amenities. Any info that people can provide would be great.

Thanks.

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas in September.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 01:34:04 PM »

HI Mark / Lisa

You will like it at the rainbow Jimmy wil look after you both we have stayed here 3 times
The nut [coconut bar] plays misic sit in have a few beers or next door is tv sport/music malibu bar all prem games
still lots of people around kids back at school this is a very small village loads of tavares/restaurants all very good spoilt for choice
if you print off the Arillas map it will help you at the top of the page

2 supermarkets down front and a bakers and a supermarket 50m from the rainbow
we be out in Arillas 3 sep for two weeks
hope this helps a little
have a good holiday

kevin

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »
We have been in September before and we are also going again this September.

All the shops and tavernas will still be open. The resort is not as busy but still a lot of life. The sea will be really warm by then.

I am sure you will love it and soon catch the bug.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »
not as many shops as kassiopi, and probably a bit quieter. there are a couple of supermarkets on the main street opposite the beach, a couple of clothes/gift shops and a lovely jewellers, just off the front, 2 bars that stay open late and lots of tavernas to choose from. further in there are a couple of bakeries and a couple more supermarkets. September is nicely busy! I am sure you will have a good time.
ger x

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »
Everywhere will still be open in September.
As has already been said, it will be quieter than the height of the season because the kids are back at school, but still plenty of people around.

You can use ANY pool in Arillas, free of charge. Doesn't matter if you're staying there or not, the owners just ask you to buy some drinks/snacks whilst you're there (DON'T take your own food or drink in - doesn't go down well!)

Lots of excellent tavernas/restaurants (-never had a bad meal yet), and to suit all pockets and tastes. I just tried to count how many and couldn't. You could certainly eat in a different one every day and still not exhaust the list ( - one of the main attractions as far as I'm concerned).

Not a huge number of shops, but most are 'quality', and offer something a little different.

Two main bars, 'Coconut' and 'Malibu' , different atmospheres but equally popular - you choose.

Beautiful sandy beach to the north of the jetty, more pebbly to the south, but safe, warm sea whichever you prefer. You can even go 'au naturel' if that's your thing, at the furthest reaches of both the north and south beach.

If you're feeling energetic and/or adventurous, there's water sports and boat hire available ,although in September you may have to pre-arrange that either through the 'kiosks' on the beach, or through Olgas Travel or Arillas Travel who are also the 'go to' people for excursions and trips and in fact , anything and everything else you might require. Boat trips to the nearby islands are also popular.

Arillas is surrounded by hills and Olive groves, and there are some lovely walks to the nearby villages (Afionas is a must, beautiful village with stunning views).

And then there's the sunsets! 'Can't describe those - you'll just have to wait and see them for yourselves.

Enjoy. You will.

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »

Hi
Take a walk to the Akrotiri just Walk to the beach facing the sea turn right and keep walking up the hill path wait till you get to the top what views Arillas and san stefanos a big beach and a nice cold drink in the Akrotiri and go on the rooftop take a camera

Kev

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 04:29:12 PM »
Some useful information there for you Mark and Lisa.

Sorry to be a pit pedantic though - you cannot use any pool in Arillas even though you are not staying there. At Bardis Sun Studios you have to be a guest. Now signs up saying this. Unfortunately this was as a result of it being misused a couple of years ago. Most places do however offer free use of their pool even though you are not a guest.

In my opinion the beach is better than Kassiopi as it sandy and not shingle.  You will probably find it more compact than Kassiopi. We do love Kassiopi though and often visit there when we are in Corfu.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 05:47:22 PM »
At Bardis Sun Studios you have to be a guest. Now signs up saying this. Unfortunately this was as a result of it being misused a couple of years ago. Most places do however offer free use of their pool even though you are not a guest.

Ooops - sorry, 'didn't realise that about the Bardis Studios.

Are there any others that have now taken that stance?

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 06:42:11 PM »
Bobby never proved that I misused his pool in fairness Sonia !  It was an allegation !     LOL
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 12:14:40 AM »
Not what I heard Karl. Lol.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 01:09:11 AM »
😂😂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 01:31:44 AM »
Let me take you on a little wander around this gorgeous little village. The moment you arrive at the beach crossroads you will think you have died and gone to heaven. An abundance of seafront tavernas, some traditional and beautifully Greek (strange that haha) some more cosmopolitan and classy but all offering amazing food. The most romantic place in the world and as others have said if those beautiful sunsets don’t melt your hearts and bring a tear to your eye then you have no soul! The weather will be beautiful the sea will be warm and you will wonder how on earth will ever go home!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
Not long until you go now is it Jo? Please put lots of photos on instagram.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 12:11:11 AM »
I am soooo excited Sonia! Feels like an eternity all this waiting around

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 08:24:45 PM »
Hi MarkandLisa,
There is the beer festival on September 26th to 30th up at the brewery, if you check the front page http://www.arillas.com/ and scroll down you will find all the info, yes I will be there.

Booking.com