Author Topic: Your Favourite Meal in Arillas!  (Read 22216 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Your Favourite Meal in Arillas!
« on: May 26, 2006, 02:06:51 AM »
Thought it might be fun to see which meals other forum members love in Arillas, the content of these meals and the favoured taverna's.  
We tend  to sample different restaurants every night, although we definitely have favourites.
Here goes...
1.  Mousaka at Brouklis.  My husband adores this dish at Brouklis and as sad as it may seem, i just adore the lamb chops!! I swear I have never tasted anything so good!

2.  Lasagna and Origano bread at leo's (Arilla Inn)mmmmm....Oh, not forgetting the 'to die for 'baked feta Arilla Inn'

3.  Greek salad at Costas on The Beach, dont know what makes it so special but definitely our fave greek salad in resort!  Also lovely steaks.

Offline carol2

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Your Favourite Meal In Arillas
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:33:13 PM »
Jo, you have started my mouth watering & my belly rumbling. Anyway here's my list.

1.  Spit Roast Lamb at Tria Adelphia. I just love the whole ritual on a sunday. Phillip's dad goes & collects wood for the fire & when started you can smell the lamb cooking all day, served with Eleni's gorgeous roast potatoes & enjoyed with good company its hard to beat.

2.  Stamna at the Mirage, I don't know why I prefer it there to anywhere else, I just do!

3. A fish stew I had at the Brouklis, I don't know what it was called as it wasn't on the menu. Apparently it was a traditional Corfiot dish & was very tasty. Dimitri always has this sort of thing cooking but not on the menu, so I recommend asking Dimitri whats cooking!
Get the beers in!

Offline JohnJ

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Fouvourite meal
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:19:05 PM »
Without doubt over the years the Stamna at Costas on the beach has been my favourite.   Made the real way with no chips in it but the tastiest meat and veg going.  As for Ann I know she loves the Lamb chops at Brouklis.  They take some beating.
John
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Stamna
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »
Is Stamna the beef stew-like dish?  My hubby had that last time at Brouklis I think and said it was lush.

Offline carol2

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:07:14 PM »
Stamna comes in a round dish which is tipped onto your plate, am ashamed to say I'm not sure if its beef or lamb, think its beef. Layered with potatoes [ yes some places do use chips ], veg [some places use tinned peas & carrots ] & feta cheese , I love it & as per John J's recommendation will try it at Costa on the Beach this year. Only 31 more sleeps.
Get the beers in!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Yum!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:43:52 PM »
mmmmmmmm, That sounds lovely.  Costas will wonder why he gets special requests for the dish this Summer!

Offline lynne

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 07:36:16 PM »
yes the oregano bread is delious at Leo's I could meke this my whole meal and beef stifado yummy. Just worked my last day before hols so i shall be cracking open my first bottle of wine in half an hour one of many :twisted:
lynne

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:12:30 PM »
Has to be sardines followed by prawn saganaki at the Brouklis. I will be tucking into the very same in 11 days washed down with a litle kokino kraisi
                                   Ivan

Maggie

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »
Youre all making me hungry!  I just love all the food everywhere in Arillas. Maybe THATS why i never get any thinner! :oops:  Only 22 sleeps! can't wait. getting excited now. 8)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 09:11:53 PM »
22 sleeps for us too! :lol:
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
1 sleep
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 01:01:26 AM »
Off Monday.
Lindypops.

Offline PAUL CONLON

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 06:00:39 PM »
Definetly, SPIT ROAST LAMB, Sundays at the TRIA ADELPHI,
Roll on August 7th.
PAUL,JOYCE AND SOPHIE
NEWCSTLE

Offline Marie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 09:46:53 PM »
nothing will ever beat the roast potatoes and spit roast lamb at Brouklis!!  :D
marie xx

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 01:41:01 PM »
Oh my I'm hungry now !!

I haven't been to arillas for many years so don't feel I can comment on the tavernas there now.

My favourtie Greek dishes have to be Stifado, spit roast lamb and kleftiko.

Unfortunately I won't be enjoying any of the gorgeous feta, mousaka or yummy cakes because over the last year-2 years I've become allergic to dairy :(  :cry:  It's going to be so hard !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 02:25:30 PM »
One memorable holiday was in Crete a few years ago.  Hubby loves all the starters more than the main courses so he goes totally mad!  We visited this restaurant and he ordered:

Courgette Balls/flowers
Meatballs
Cheese Pies
Greek Salad
Chips
olives
Sanganaki
etc. etc.

You name it he had it.  That was just for him!  

The next time we went they moved another table over for him... needless to say he did  order the same but I shared it with him instead., soooo embarassing.    It was so funny, the expressions on the waiters faces when they saw him walk in... it was on your marks!!

My favourites are Stifado, Kleftiko and Gouvetsi oh and Prawn Sanganaki and and and  the grill with everything... oh and Kalamari (not the whole squid - yuk), oh and...... I could go on and on.  

We dont eat the pizzas or spaghetti as we can have that at home anytime.

We are not really 'afters' people either so the complimentary melon or whatever is enough for us, well you would think so after all the 'befores'!

20 days to go!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com