Author Topic: Your Favourite Meal in Arillas!  (Read 22223 times)

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Your Favourite Meal in Arillas!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »
didnt have a bad meal anywhere but my fave meal was lamb with fennel at thalassa,which was unusual for me as i dont like fennel.compliments to the chef

Offline cath1066

Favourite food
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 02:20:41 AM »
My favourite has to be Courgette Keftedes at Dimitris.  My children would say that the fresh fried sardines at Dimitris are the best.  I just go for the mezes now as I get the best of everything.  Dimitri's is definitely the best.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 02:51:45 PM »
We had arranged to have the sit roast lamb at Bouklis but by the time we got there it had all been eaten  :cry:

We moaned about this so much when we were at Portofino Spiro did us roast lamb, my God what a meal that was, sure it was a full lamb.  I think he thought he was feeding an army, didn't need to have anything the next day.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline annie

Food in Arilas
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 10:00:28 PM »
Every meal we had was lovely. We have several favourites and could not just pick one. Not long now and then it will be deciding which restaurant again such a hard choice we have to take it in turns and that includes the children as they have favourites as well :D

Offline malky

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 01:30:43 AM »
Best meal has to be the Biftiki at the Brouklis,

Makes my mouth water just thinking about it :wink:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Mr & Mrs Cafes

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
Spit Roast Lamb at Brouklis - by far.  With Courgette Keftedes to start - yummy!  I can taste it now :)

Mon Amour good too and Thalassa for Meatballs in tomato sauce and Italian Salad.  

Can't wait for September, 13 weeks and 2 days - not that we are counting!! x

Offline sheila

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 10:53:01 PM »
I agree the spit roast lamb was out of this world :D
SHEILA

Offline ianto

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 11:56:02 PM »
Just returned from first visit to Arillas - loved it. Ate meany times in Thalassa and Efi's. Although we've been going to many places in Greece for the last twenty years my wife said the fish stew/fish stifado she had in Efi's was the best meal she's ever had in Greece, and we've had lots  :)
Thanks to Efi and her mum Katerina for the lovely meals and great hospitality

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 01:17:58 AM »
Agree about Mon Amour.......fab
gaygo

Offline aftermidnight

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 01:38:54 PM »
Ate at most of the choises in Arillas and have never be disappointed.The Graziella is one that stands out,as to the Marvel(ous) Chef special chicken(drooling with the thought).The one place that stands out for us has to be the Arilla inn its just that cut above the rest of the pack,you feel as if you have had that special night no matter what yo,ve ordered 10/10 every time.But every one to there own thats why we all keep going back again & again & again ain,t it :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Offline thenickster

Re: Your Favourite Meal in Arillas!
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 07:18:23 PM »
Our favourites by far were the Arilla Inn, Thallassa and Brouklis but if we had to pick one meal it would be without a doubt the Brouklis's - Fried Sardines to start, Spit Roast Lamb with Greek roast potatoes and veg for main and then the red berry cheesecake....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline lynne

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 10:07:54 PM »
Not many people seem to mention the Arilla Inn which has always been one of our favourites always eat there the most We agree with aftermidnight man that they always make you feel extra special and we've never had a bad meal in the 8 years that we have been going thereKeep up the good work Leo
lynne

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »
Well, we had the biggest meal ever at the Sea Breeze.  I had the bbq plate and it was so amazing I had to take a photo!  The oil and herb dressing poured over after cooking was fabulous - best taste ever.  Mikes favourite was the Pistatsio (spelling?) at the Captains, I have had to cook it at home since .  He would eat it everynight!  (apart from the english breakfast, even better than mine!).   We never had a bad meal in Arillas, all were brilliant!

Big question though!
  One time at the Captains we ordered Lasange and Moussaka, the police were touring all the restaurants along the road.  The waitress told us they were checking that the Lasagne and Moussaka etc were frozen, not home made.  How strange!  She said it was forbidden to sell homemade food.   Does anyone know why? I have my theory that it is to make sure that everyone has a 'bite at the apple' as they say and it keeps it fair for all the restaurants not to have an 'edge' or it could be a health and hygiene thing, but we were a bit bemused by that as most of the stuff is freshly home made anyway in the restaurants. 

We were worried  that we might be eating 'illegal food' and it might be snatched away from us at anytime.  Just let them try!!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 09:08:32 PM »
That seems very odd!  Im sure that the Brouklis Moussaka and the Arillas Inn'is Lasagne is  home made... perhaps the waitress got her english the wrong way round??

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 10:58:35 AM »
She just said that we would have to wait until they had gone and then we could be served our meal.  Just that it has to be frozen and theirs isnt... anyway, we did tease her mercilessly  everytime we ordered anything to makee sure it was homemade.The police were visiting all the restaurants... Does anyone remember seeing that when they were there recently?  I have read about Greek Tourist Police but didnt know they actually checked things out for real.   
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com