Author Topic: Your Favourite Meal in Arillas!  (Read 22201 times)

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Your Favourite Meal in Arillas!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2006, 08:40:33 AM »
I can remember the Greek police from a long time ago,on main land greece.What i remember is wherever they went they got everything FREE.(that wouldnt happen in this country)!!!cx ;)
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 01:03:43 PM »
Dimitri you got to make sure you have plenty of sardines for us as we will be back in september, they are the best.
ANG

Offline Debbie & Lee

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 01:41:38 PM »
We stayed at the Marvel Hotel and, having been chatting to Perry in the Coconut about a fabulous meal he had just had in Agios Georgious, we asked Costas and Spiros at the Marvel if they would order in some king prawns and lobsters for us.

Well, what can I say - the biggest prawns I've ever seen on a bed of spaghetti and 2 gorgeous lobsters, cooked to perfection by their mum.  Absolutely fantastic!

The table was beautifully laid for us although there was little room for the wine glasses due to the amount of food we had ordered.

Well worth asking them to do this for you - particularly for a special occasion.  An evening we'll never forget.

Offline LYNS

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 02:39:26 PM »
We had a lot of our meals at the Rainbow Bar and the food there is brilliant, never had a bad meal and the service is excellent. Jimmy and Spiros are great hosts and they make you feel very welcome. My favorite starter was saganaki, I tried it at a few other places but nothing came close. My hubby had their fried prawns about 8 times and thought they were amazing.

Offline lynda

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 06:30:04 PM »
Just back from Arillas on Monday and have to say one of my favourites was definitely the bifteki stuffed with cheese at Brouklis. The chicken kebab there was also very good. The stamna at Arillas Inn was superb too- in fact I could go on and on and on........... haven't really had any bad meals in Arillas.
Lynda

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 05:24:02 PM »
Of course the Spit Roast Lamb at the Brouklis is fantastic and will always be my favourite

However, I feel must mention the Sea Breeze, it was simply superb when I was there last week. My 3 courses 'meal deal' consisted of a Prawn Cocktail, Pork Slouvaki (the size of this was unbelievable, chips, potatoes, rice, salad, so nice) and delicious chocolate gateaux for dessert. The service was impeccable (perhaps a little slow for some, but who is ever in a rush in Greece) with very friendly staff and the view while you eat is beautiful, make sure you go at Sundown. The best part of all this was the price, 8 Euro's for the above three courses, I actually felt guilty when the bill came, the final total for the two of us was 27 Euro's, that’s for 3 courses each, coffee and quite and more than one carafe of wine. Would recommend to anyone.

Joe

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2006, 10:57:37 PM »
Whereabouts is the Sundown, Joe?  We're out there this Monday so catching up on all the tips!

Cheers

Pete

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2006, 11:50:01 PM »
We went to the sea breeze and had the set menu, prawn cocktail, bbq with all the extras, I was so full I couldnt eat desert.  The plateful was huge and would have fed 4 people. The Chef said come back the next day and he would cook his special Lobster in red wine.... sounded delicious but I knew I wouldnt be able to eat it all.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »
Hi Pete,

I meant to write sunset, not sundown, it’s by far the best time to try the Sea Breeze as the view is awesome. It's also a strange sensation having a road through the middle of the restaurant, it certainly gives the waiters an added challenge :-) try it if you get chance.

Cheers
Joe

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 10:43:45 PM »
Not many people have mentioned Vavillas Fish Restaurant run by Thomas one of the nicest men in Arillas. Not on the main strteet but really well worth a visit great fresh fish and lovely people!
gaygo

Offline Pete & Michelle

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 10:55:35 PM »
Our favourite place to eat must be at Brouklis.  I cannot think of many things better to eat than 'Meze Brouklis' for starter - the courgette keftedes are fantastic.  Then of course 'Spit roasted Lamb' with all those potatoes - absolutely gorgeous.  we are going this Monday night and I am already wondering how many times Dimitris will put Lamb on special whilst we are there

can't wait

Booking.com