Welcome to Arillas > The beach

Sunbeds

(1/3) > >>

ValL:
Having read a posting on Facebook from someone who was asked to move from a subbed on the beach because it had been reserved and then told she couldn’t eat her own food (an orange), I’m interested in what the licences for sunbeds actually regulate. Whilst understanding businesses now have their own sunbeds on the beach can they now stop people from bringing their own food or drinks or did this particular business overstep the mark

Jo Wissett:
I have just been reading the same post. The whole idea of being on the beach is families/couples enjoying quality time with each other in a relaxed setting and definitely being able to bring sandwiches perhaps pick up a gyros and a couple of beers from
The supermarket.

The better quality sun beds with the cushions are already charging much more in the first place so this should definitely entitle customers to bring their own food surely.

Totally different from using pools and taking own food that obviously is not acceptable but this is totally different. The thing is they are shooting themselves in the foot because I certainly wouldn’t use them now out of principle!

turkeyfoot:
Hi
In Skiathos, Little Banana beach,  2 sun beds and a brolly  cost 20 euro. 5 euro for a bean bag but no brolley. Free if stopping in the complex.
You are not allowed to eat your own food. On site food and drink is very expensive.
On Eleni beach I have recently read that you cant eat your own food
Hope the tread does not spread.
Geoff

soniaP:
Did they say Val whose sunbeds they were? I posted on here about our experience at the Horizon ones but people did eat their own food and in fact  so did we. Just some fruit and crisps. If they said that to me I would not go back. We did see reserved signs on some sunbeds that were Thalassas.

ValL:
The Facebook post said Beach Point And Ammos so I’m not sure which it was

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version