Author Topic: Ryanair  (Read 10045 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Ryanair
« on: August 22, 2018, 07:26:35 PM »

Hi what is going on with the airline they are starting at Southend next year or are they going under
Bouncing checks the list goes on you only got to read or hear

Kev

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Ryanair
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:48 PM »
Kev, the cheques only bounced because they hadn't been signed, so an admin error rather than a financial problem but personally I don't like their business model and don't trust what they say about their financial stability either. Having said that, I hope they keep going 'cos we use them all the time and it saves us a lot of money lol.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »
Agree with all Angie says !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:13:14 AM »
There is not a cat in hell’s chance I would ever book With Ryanair. Wouldn’t take the risk

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
We have flown with them a few times and did this year in June. No problems but I agree more of a risk but having said that we go in June and they tend to strike during the school holidays. They do flights on a Sunday which we like and also from East Midlands which is after Doncaster is  our nearest air port. Not made up my mind who to book with for next year but will have to decide soon as I guess flights will be coming out soon.

Offline Seagull Chris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »
There is not a cat in hell’s chance I would ever book With Ryanair. Wouldn’t take the risk

Nor me, I flew with them once to Milan for a Bruce concert and they ripped us off for £46/head when we checked in for the flight back, didnt want to speak any English when we queried it. The only English they could talk was no pay, no fly.
After their performance this summer with cancelling flights, I would fly with them ever again.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 09:40:24 PM »
How did they msnage that Chris?
I don't think they are like some sort of banana republic that can just demand money are they? ....... I may be wrong 🙂

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 09:51:10 AM »
Hi
Ryanair change their baggage charges (again) from November 1st
Passengers can currently take one small bag and one large one weighing uoto 10 kilo. From January (2018) they  insisted the larger one be put int the hold FOC at the boarding gate, only allowing both bags into the cabin if you paid  £6 for priority boarding.

You will now only be allowed to take one small carry on bag for free, and must pay £8 to store the larger one into the hold.
There will still be a limited number of priority boarding places.

Beware which bag you place valuables/ lap tops etc in. Many insurance companies do not cover such items in hold luggage

Ryanair insists it it will gain nothing from the new policy, but it will speed up boarding and cut flight delays.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 11:26:02 AM »
You've got to love them 😂

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 01:18:45 PM »
Hi
Beware which bag you place valuables/ lap tops etc in. Many insurance companies do not cover such items in hold luggage

To clarify above, I was refering to travel insurance.
If, on your home contents policy, you have your personal possesions away from home added, hold items are covered. Home contents policies are a lot more generous in compensation than travel companies.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »
You've got to love them 😂
Hi
You can now book a seat at £9.99 each way to ensure you are not seated next to a racist bigot.
Geoff

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 03:31:14 PM »
In fairness I don't think racist bigots book exclusively with Ryanair 😂

Booking.com