Author Topic: Free spending abroad  (Read 8093 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Free spending abroad
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »
Hi
The banks Starling and Monzo,  are offering to current account holders spending overseas using their debit cards, various offers.
Starling & Monzo Bank makes no charge for spending £100 in a shop/restaurant
Starling Bank makes no charge for withdrawing £100 cash
Monzo Bank allows £200 cash withdrawal every 30 days with no change.

Tandem Bank offers a credit card with no charges for purchases or cash withdrawals abroad.

All the above banks operate via a telephone app and do not offer internet/ telephone banking, and have no branches.

Metro Bank make no charge for spending £100 in a shop within Europe and charge £2.75 outside Europe. You can also withdraw £100 in cash for free in Europe and £4.25 outside. This is for both debit and credit cards.

Check out their web sites for full details and financial safeguards etc
Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Free spending abroad
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »
Hi
I have just recieved my new Barclaycard.
I always assumed if you made a cash withdrawal abroad you were charged interest  from day 1.
The letter recieved with the card says you get 56 days free free credit for cash withdrawals abroad.
I was always aware this was the case for non sterling purchases but not aware for cash withdrawals.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Booking.com