Author Topic: Victor Meldrew moment  (Read 3354 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Victor Meldrew moment
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »
Hi
Why do people  accept smoking/vaping in restaurants is not permissible in the U.K. and generally  accept it is  an anti social habit.
Yet as soon as they leave the UK and travel to continental Europe ,where it is,
as the U.K., it is an  an illegal practise, immediately think it’s the ok to light up?
Why not stand outside the premises and smoke, as they would do in the U.K.?
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Victor Meldrew moment
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 06:12:00 PM »
Doh . Geoff..... and just after I have sent you a PM. - You "rabbled" my "rouser'
It is a crazy thing when you can only smoke outside. - But.... in the those warm Summer evenings  , when people eat outside , then surely we should be smoking inside ?? - But we break the rules. Are we poor smokers then condemmed to be pushed further from our Taverna to smoke on the roads??
Then we are a target for those "Non Smoker Fast Vehicles" - They are a vicious group and look for nicotine smokey bits , just like radar , and then attack!!
(Smokers being bounced off of bonnets and flying here , there , and everywhere. - That would put anyone off eating!! -
(Unless you have your own mustard and are knuckling down to a steak) - Wots dat which just flew past?, you ask,anyway he is holding a cig so it can't be that bad
All dis said , me 'ole mucker, not sure about these "E-Things" Creates more smoke than my Winter bonfires - Hate it with a passion.
(Stick them on the road and I will point my Punto at 'em)
Live well and prosper and keep an eye on those UK property prices.
Cheers
Negg

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 06:50:49 PM »
I agree with Geoff.

I am a smoker but never smoke in a restaurant - I always go outside.
The only exception is if NO-ONE is eating, and there are others around me smoking, AND the wind is in the right direction so that nobody else has to suffer my smoke.
I do smoke if it's a taverna 'tho', and other people are smoking too.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »
I am a non smoker but personally I think smokers are 'witch hunted' in this day and age ...... its unreal how they seem to be portrayed as the lowest of the low.
People do a LOT worse things .....
I am going to take cover now 😂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 09:32:07 PM »
I agree Truth. The e cigarette I have looks like a normal cigarette. It gives off virtually no smoke. I would not blow smoke over anyone that was eating but to be honest it would not even reach anyone else let alone somebody on another table. We are still pounced on though in the UK so I personally like the relaxed attitude to them when on holiday.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 10:05:09 PM »
I am a non smoker but personally I think smokers are 'witch hunted' in this day and age ...... its unreal how they seem to be portrayed as the lowest of the low.
People do a LOT worse things .....
I am going to take cover now 😂
Hi
No way do I consider smokers the lowest of the low.
The original e cigarettes were acceptable as were not so invasive. The new vapor type are like sending off smoke signals as the Sioux Indians did in the Wild West
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
Weird isn't it as surely you would think they would progress with them and there would be less smoke as they evolved......
Definitly not the case though is it ! ☹

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »
What I don’t understand about the ‘vapers’ is why they clutch onto them like their life depends on it.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 03:03:07 PM »
It does Jo 😂

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »
What I don’t understand about the ‘vapers’ is why they clutch onto them like their life depends on it.
Hi
I do the same with a good English ale and a single malt chaser.
Geoff

Booking.com