Welcome to Arillas > Walking in Arillas and north west Corfu

Paddling around Corfu

(1/3) > >>

Eggy:
With all the recent bad weather I thought I would introduce you to all the new species appearing.

Dichia Fullis

Generally found at the base of any sloping grass verge and is a greedy little specimen, absorbing excess water. Not to be confused with Mudiess Ditchia which absorbs only what it needs to survive and protects itself with a sticky outside coating.
Caution must be taken , when approaching DICHIA FULLIS and it is advised never to venture in it. Only those with waist length fishing waders should attempt this, but there is no guarantee that any "adventurer" would ever re-appear.!!

More unusual species to follow soon.
Cheers Negg

Eggy:
Now meet......................GULLIS NASTI - Nickname - "Corfu Car Trap"

A very pesky and mischievous type which loves all those soil and stone tracks especially those on a slight incline and leading to properties. After rain they quickly form into snake like creatures and generally venture from left to right across any track to confuse approaching vehicles.
Warning - Slide into any larger Gullis Nasti and your stress levels will increase and your vehicle value will decrease.
Cheers
Negg

suzy61:
Haha! Love it.
I will never complain about the roads around where I live
Suzy x

suzy61:
Meant to havesaid never complain again. x

Eggy:
Suzy
Tis a "jungle" out there and that saying "One for the Road" applies here....... except you have it when you get home to calm your nerves!!
More to follow soon.
Cheers
Negg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version