Author Topic: Paxos and anti-Paxos  (Read 11605 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Paxos and anti-Paxos
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:57:03 PM »
Having a blissful 16 nights awaiting us in July and probably just us two (I say probably as we are invariably surprised by one of our sons!) we were maybe thinking of having a trip to Paxos. Is it somewhere you would recommend? Is a day trip too far and long for a day or just nice? Also what’s the difference between Paxos and anti-Paxos? Ideas of cost also would be good

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Re: Paxos and anti-Paxos
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:56:04 AM »

HI Jo

We have been to Paxos and Antipaxos both good also very good tavernas just for a cold drink or a meal.
both islands are very green it can get very busy take a walk away from it all and see the real charm old houses and
some secluded beaches
getting back to corfu late afternoon the sea can be a bit rough
I think paxos is better but that is my opinion

kev

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 09:05:47 PM »
Hi Jo
We have done the Paxos and Antipaxos trip and also Paxos and Parga trip, much prefer Paxos Parga. Parga is so pretty as you approach it from the sea, a couple of beaches tavernas along the front with shops behind. If you feel energetic you can walk up to the old castle which has lovely views across to Paxos. It is a long day but well worth it. Think we paid €28 last year, but you do get a cruise along the east coast from Corfu Town and we were lucky to have dolphins swimming alongside us some of the way back.

Barry

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 10:01:46 PM »
Oh I like the sound of the Paxos Parga trip. Always fancied having a look there and I would be over the moon if I saw dolphins

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 10:08:39 PM »
I think we were picked up about 7.30 in the morning and back in Arillas around 9 in the evening.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 10:56:19 PM »
Oh I like the sound of the Paxos Parga trip. Always fancied having a look there and I would be over the moon if I saw dolphins
What is it about dolphins????
Its something, we swam with them once and it was almost spiritual ........🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 03:53:00 PM »

Bill and I have seen dolphins early morning from the end of the balcony at the Mathraki....only the one time though. We always have a room on the top floor and I really enjoy leaning over the end of the balcony watching Kosta gutting the the fish he has caught that morning. The off cuts  are thrown back in the sea and and the dolphins eat them.

We also saw them once on returning from St George and they followed the the boat but as we passed the headland they turned back. You can see them jumping over the rocks at Gravia island very early in the morning too.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 04:33:40 PM »

Sorry for hijacking your post Jo...... just hope you see the dolphins too if you
make the trip to Paxos and Parga, but then again maybe you might see them from a boat trip to St George.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 08:47:14 PM »
Ohh excited now!

Booking.com