Author Topic: Airport Transfer September 2019  (Read 24512 times)

Offline Big Kev

Airport Transfer September 2019
« on: April 12, 2019, 10:54:28 PM »
Hi all.
has anyone got any recommendation for transfer for independent travellers (2 adults) from airport to resort and return 2 weeks later. Who's the best, and most importantly, reliable and cheap-ish. Travelling end of September returning begining of October 2019

Offline Lawty

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Airport Transfer September 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »
Hi

We always use Corfu Holiday Taxi
https://www.corfuholidaytaxi.com/en/home/

They are based in the area, very reliable and it’s €58 Rach way

You can call them or complete an online form it’s really easy

Lawty

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »
Hi
Arillas Cars have never let us down. About  110 euro return if I recollect.
Book by e mail / phone

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 11:55:40 AM »
Always worth seeing if someone can share with you to half the cost? It’s the only downside to Arillas in my opinion the taxi costs. I know they don’t make much out of it with their high petrol costs but even so, it’s quite a shock for newcomers to the island I think

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 01:36:37 PM »
Corfu holiday taxi's, always been at airport waiting for us and Dimitris and Stamatis are both lovely.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »
Yer not wrong , Jo. - they do not make a lot of money. I allow 7km to a litre when I take Wegg to the Airport. - About 8 ltrs , around 14e plus 2hrs of time allowing for traffic etc. At only 10e an hour, plus fuel, it's goodbye to 34 euros. The balance of their fare pays for car maintenance and of course the high rate of passenger insurance. - If flights are delayed their waiting time increases and this can cause problems if they have another booking "down the line".
Corfu Holiday Taxis are very good, never let us down , and we use them for all Villas we are involved with. - Good guys!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Big Kev

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, sorry about late replies, been out of the country for a bit. Will get a quote from Corfu Holiday taxis.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »
Corfu Holiday Taxis is a good choice. - Very reliable and they are collecting my wife , from the Airport, in 2 weeks time.
Bugger.............why are they so reliable?? - Maybe need a few extra days for partying!!!

Big Kev , ever considered hiring a car? - pick up and drop of back to airport. The saving of e120 for taxis would go towards car hire.
and .... if you don't knpw , driving from the airport to Arillas aint that bad. - Many Arilliacs would give you directions.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Big Kev

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »
Hi Eggy,
I've had a look at renting a car from Theo and been quoted 211 euros for the 2 weeks we are in Arilas, even tried renting for airport collection and delivery to Theo in Arilas, but minimum of 3 days still costs 120 euros and then having to do the same on our return journey is not really cost effective. As this will be our 20th year of comming to Arilas, we won't really get much use out of a 2 week car hire, as we tend to just chill out in and around Arilas. Over the past 20 years we have travelled over all of Corfu in a hire car, so now days as I've said we just like to stay in and around Arilas and chill, plus there's the problem of not being able to enjoy a few Mythos if I've got to drive lol.
So we will probably stick to a taxi pick up & return from Theo. By the way is holidaytransfers.com the same as the coach transfers people have been talking about that you have to walk to the new bus station from the airport to?
Cheers
Big Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 09:02:35 AM »
Not really cost effective, for you, as you say. I think holiday transfers.co, and coach transfers are the same people. ii am sure others, on the forum, have used them.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Sparky

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 07:06:45 PM »
Hi Big Kev,
We take a hire car for the duration and look on it as getting the car for 100 euro cheaper for the holiday as you don't have the taxi fare. Means you have the car for going off for the day, or even just going up the hill for the supermarket or lunch in Afionas or nip across to San Steph

Chris

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2019, 10:07:49 PM »
Yes it’s a good point that. If you don’t hire any sort of car you are still going to have to pay about 120 euro for the return taxi so really it’s only an extra 100. Akrotiri on the headland is a totally different experience at night and having a car enables you to do things like that

Offline Big Kev

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 01:02:14 AM »
Thanks everyone for your helpful info, certainly given us food for thought. After 19 years of booking with a tour operator we've taken the whole process for granted I supose, but obviously Arilas is getting too popular now, and that's why we've had to do the whole independent thing for the first time this year.

Offline Big Kev

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 10:06:36 AM »
Hi all,
been doing some further research regards to airport transfers, and got a quote from Stella at Olga's travel for 20 euros each way. Has anyone used Olga's travel for an airport transfer and what's your opinion of their service. This seems a very good deal compared to the other options.
Cheers

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 10:01:47 PM »
All I can tell you is that Olga's Travel has been part of Arillas many more years than I can remember. They have a lot of satisified customers which also include and car hire and excursion trips. Others will know more.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com