Author Topic: car hire  (Read 11248 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
car hire
« on: June 04, 2019, 10:51:55 AM »
Thinking about hiring a car from the airport. We have used Arillas cars before but it is looking very expensive. Anyone used anyone else that they would recommend?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: car hire
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 05:08:47 PM »
I can only vouch for Theo's customer service and efficieny here... which is of course "peace of mind" - But "Value Plus" is also a good option..
Tria Adelphia , in Arillas , also have a good hire car selection.
Who ever you choose you must look at the ectra insurance package to cover Tyres/Exhaust/windscreen/oil sump  etc.
Cheers Negg

Offline Sparky

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »
Have not had a real poor hire company in last 10  years or more.  Had a quick search on your dates and coming in around 25euro a day.  Worst hire was getting there on 15th August and finding we needed fuel.  Wrong day for anything to be open. Have you tried going thru the airline car hire partner - car hire and airfare thru same company make it a package with the protection that brings. If you can, make sure it is airport pick up and not a shuttle service to the car hire company and take loads of pix whilst the person handing you the car is standing there.  Not had claim for damage from the hire company
Chris

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 01:05:41 AM »
We have used arillas cars before and never had a problem  but working out at 440 euros for 2 weeks. I suppose that's 31 euros a  day.

Have looked at a comparison site and there are some a lot cheaper but the excess is frightening although I have heard you can insure your excess in UK before leaving.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 08:13:05 AM »
Hi
Try this link for excess cover.
https://www.icarhireinsurance.com
It may be advisable to check with the hire company if they will accept your own excess cover.  A recent press report on car hire rip offs  say  that some firms refuse to accept it. They loose their commission from the insurance companies. Possibly not applicable in Arillas, but when you are in a strange country and they will not release the car unless you buy their insurance, despite having your own, you dont have much choice.

We dont hire in Corfu but we do in Skiathos. In June we pay 350 Euro for two weeks. Fully Comp and  no excess. We always pay in cash They dont even take card details.
Have used the same company for 15 years and never had any problems, so there are companies around that do good deals.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
Sonia - About £27 a day sounds very good to me. - Pickup/collect from Airport?? - If so you have "shaved" ,at least 120 euros off that 2 wk price.
and local company........... so , I would think , much easier to contact.
Negg

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »
Do not know what dates you are looking at but does seem a bit expensive. Have you tried Tsaros rent a car? Tsaros is run by the brother of Dorrita from the Bardis Hotel. New cars and very nice people to deal with, always been very helpfull. Also Tria Adelphia seem very reasonable.

Barry

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 10:57:01 AM »
Yeah I looked at Tsaro as hired from them before but website down so not sure if he is doing it anymore?

Offline raff

• www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »
Hi, does anyone have a contact number for Tsaros as the website is no longer working? Thanks

Offline coys

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 12:17:03 PM »
Lots of Tsaros cars about at the moment
Phone number 0030 266351054
Mobile 0030 6945254493
info@tsarosapartments.com

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 12:19:00 PM »
I have always used Arillas cars and I wouldn't want to change. The cars are safe and well maintained. You pay no extras and you are dealing with a honest, local family. I have never had a problem after twelve years of hiring cars from them. I once had a car that had a flat battery, and after a quick phone call I was given a replacement car whilst the battery problem was solved.

One big problem with car hire is how you much fuel you need to leave in the car on return. This is never a problem with Arillas cars.

One last thing, I love to think that I am driving around Corfu with the word "Arillas" on the car. I know it's a bit crazy but it's the same feeling I get when I am  drinking Corfu beer, it makes me feel that I am giving something back to my favourite place.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 04:55:18 PM »
Trial Adelphia get in touch with Philip or Yanni

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 09:28:16 PM »
We always get a car for a couple of days and usually hire from either Arkokal travel or Theo at Arillas cars.

Was really embarrassing one year because we went to Theo, then to Arkokal and Arkokal turned out to be cheaper so we booked one with them. The only thing is, when we went to pick it up Theo turned up to deliver the car to Arkokal for us for some reason haha. How nice that they all help each other out like that.

I would like a car for longer and never think of taking the return taxi cost into consideration so that’s something to definitely think about.

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 04:56:33 PM »
I have hired a car for 2 weeks. £186 all inclusive, with Auto Europe. Only a small 4 door car and pick it up at the Airport.
Searched at home on Travel Supermarket. Be careful though, some companies charge nearly a £100 for the additional all inclusive.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 06:22:25 PM »

Hi

Tria Adelphia see Philip or Yanni good rate

https://www.tria-adelphia.com/

Tria Adelphia Rent A Car

Tria Adelphia Rent A Car was founded on April 2015. Our brand new fleet (bought on May 2015) will assure the safety and the comfort for you and for your families as the criteria of purchasing our fleet was safety levels. Our priority is to tailor each package to our customer’s exact needs. We offer a variety of options that will enhance your holiday experience and will help you get the best out of your holiday or business trip.

Contact us

Tria Adelphia

Arillas, Corfu, 49081 P.C. Greece

Tel. 0030 26630 51581

Email. info@tria-adelphia.com

Kev

Booking.com