Author Topic: First Night Meal..  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
First Night Meal..
« on: June 05, 2019, 09:37:27 PM »
Oh I do love resurrecting these posts to get me even more excited for our impending return to my favourite place in the whole world!!

Ours is always the sublime Brouklis. Feta stuffed peppers, followed by the amazing lamb chops for me (shock) and always cheese pies and Moussaka for Mick. Obviously with plenty of their lovely chilled wine, soaking up the peaceful ambience, catching up with Dimitris and just marvelling at how lucky we will be with sixteen blissful days stretched gloriously in front of us..I so cannot WAIT!!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Re: First Night Meal..
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 10:19:52 PM »
Ours is usually Gratselas as csnt wait to see first sunset so like to be on the front.

To start with Gratsela meze and then sea bass and chips. The most fantastic fish and chips. All washed down with a bottle of really chilled retsina.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 11:48:29 PM »
Sounds idyllic Sonia. Gratsela is our absolute favourite spot for a looooooong (liquid) lunch..

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 08:43:37 PM »
Ours is Gratsela too.
The other half will have seabass but I can never decide until the time comes. I think it was lamb chops last year with their delicious roast potatoes. Mmmm!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 09:56:13 PM »
Oh ! I do love Gtatselas roast potatoes.  In fact anything from there would do. Especially love the stifado with roasts. Or as George Bardis calls it "stiffy". Sorry George couldn't resist. 

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
Haha! that made me laugh Sonia
I shall remember that whenever I order a Beef Stifado

Gratsela is often our first lunch meal too as we absolutely love their grilled sardines to share with a large bowl of Greek  salad,washed down with a glass of their slightly chilled red wine(it's the only time I ever drink red wine not at room temperature!) but it works.
As we all know,there are so many other amazing food establishments to choose from in Arillas,whether it be breakfast,lunch,dinner or just a quick snack.

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 08:46:49 PM »
As we arrive on a Sunday we may go for the spit roast lamb at Brouklis (probably spelt wrong, but you know where I mean) if not it'll be down to Gratsela for fish............... "Cheeeeeeps, roast potato, boiled potato, rice?" :)
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline jebbo

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 09:35:06 PM »
Always Brouklis on first night. Don’t always eat the same thing. Depends on the day we arrive and what the special is, but as it is all fantastic it does not really matter 😀😀👍

Booking.com