Author Topic: Walking to the end of the beach  (Read 6617 times)

Offline SteveL

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Walking to the end of the beach
« on: June 09, 2006, 08:58:46 AM »
Hello All

I'm a bit worried about the weather reports on this site, and the fact that you cannot walk all the way to the end of the beach.
We're going out on 26th June and usually spend a lot of time on this part  of the beach.
Last year we went out a couple of weeks earlier and the beach was very narrow.  Thought that by going out a little bit later it would have established itself a bit better.
Seems bizarre when the weather here in the UK is beautiful at the moment.
Still looking forward to it, though.

Steve

Offline mezfanclub

Walking Along The Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 10:54:55 AM »
When we went in September last year, you could get to the northern end of the beach but it usually involved getting slightly wet on the way. It needed a bit of a paddle whether the tide was in or out. When I went for my evening swim each night I soon realised that trying to keep my shorts dry when I was going to take them off anyway was a little futile with the tide in and the sea lapping around my knees. :oops:  I think you'll get my drift! I think someone said that more of the beach had returned this year. Last year on our first day we settled on a narrow strip of sand by the time the evening had come we had, had to move three times as the sand kept being washed away to reveal rocks!

Hope you have a lovely time!

Regards
John

No white bits thankyou.....

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 01:17:30 PM »
Dont worry the beach is back and is quite wide
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »
Whilst some say the beach is back, after being away from arillas for 6yrs we noticed that the far end of the beach has got smaller we would estimate by approx 2 meters, infact when we came home we showed some pics to my daughter and the first thing she said was OMG wheres the sand gone, Im going to dig out some photos that we have taken over the past 13yrs and try and post them here.
There must be some geological reasons.
Ang

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »
I hope it's not a sign of things to come !

Booking.com