Author Topic: Airport transfer again!  (Read 20658 times)

Offline Mossey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Airport transfer again!
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:36:47 PM »
Hi all, after all the post on airport transfers, how long it takes etc etc, thought that I would send an e mail of to manos to see if this was the case, and to get their view,
Have booked holiday with Manos in Aug,to Arillas, &  worried about all the reports on various websites about how long the transfer takes from the airport to the resort, 3-4 hours in some cases, saying that the coach travels to a lot of other resorts and hotels before finally going to Arillas, and that because of this a lot of people are booking taxi transfers. After a flight of 4 hrs we do not then want to be stuck in a coach for another 3-4 hrs,  but neither are we keen to spend 45 euros each way on a taxi transfer, can you confirm that this is the case with the transfers.

their reply was- Thank you for your recent email.

During the Summer Season last year the resort did experience difficulties with transfers, in particular the length of the transfers.

Several meetings have taken place between our Customer Relations Manager and the Resort Manager for My Travel at Corfu and this issue is now resolved. I have spoken to our Customer Relations Department who have advised that they have not received any complaints regarding the transfers for this season.

I hope this will restore your confidence in Manos Holidays. Please feel free to contact me further.

Offline LYNS

AIPORT TRANSFERS
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:12:27 PM »
I was abit concerned about the transfer and spoke to Manos a couple of weeks ago. They said that as far as they were concerned the transfer coach would go straight to Arillas and it would take about an hour and a half but if I was overly concerned I might be better to book a taxi.
I explained that I didn't want to pay for a taxi as I want to spend all my hard earned cash on my holiday!! She said they try their best to get everybody to the resort as quick as possible, so fingers crossed.

Offline jenna

• Me And Chris
Airport transfer again!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 11:17:28 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with Thomas Cook's transfers this year?

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
Airport transfer again!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 01:38:38 PM »
Hmmm.. interesting.
We haven't got a taxi booked but were going to pick one up in the airport.
Maybe we'll have a chat with the rep 1st, see what they have to say.

Offline Li-sa

Airport transfer again!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 02:41:38 PM »
We went with Manos this year. The transfer took around 1 and 1/2 hours each way, and went via Sidari.

HTH
Lisa.

Offline lynda

Airport transfer again!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 06:46:36 PM »
We went with Manos last year and went direct to Arillas and it took one and a half hours.

Offline Mossey

Airport transfer again!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »
Quote from: lynda
We went with Manos last year and went direct to Arillas and it took one and a half hours.

Thanks all.

Offline jennyandchris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Airport transfer again!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 12:15:13 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with Thomas Cook's transfers this year?

We would also be interested to hear of the Thomas Cook transfer route and time. We are trying to decide if a Taxi is the best option because we had an absolutely horrendous transfer to Arillas with Olympic in June 2005. Thank goodness the holiday Arillas itself made up for it.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:23 PM »
We came back from Arillas on Monday.  We didnt fancy a long transfer to Arillas so booked a taxi and got there in under an hour.  We decided to take the coach back and see the other resorts on route to the airport (we werent in any hurry to leave).  We can only say that we chose the best place!!!  It took an hour to get back to the airport.  It goes to San Stefanos and along the coast there towards Sidari (horrible place) then cut across the hills with fantastic views so we enjoyed the transfer back, we had a very entertaining coach driver too.  We flew with Thomas Cook, but it seems other companies use the coach too i.e. JMC and Sunset holidays and stop at their places too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline LYNS

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »
I got back from my wonderful holiday in Arillas yesterday but felt I had to write about the bloody awful transfer from the airport when we landed at Corfu. We traveled with manos for the first and the last time. we landed an hour late which happens but we got our bags and spotted 3 ladies holding manos signs. I went up and asked which coach we were on. I was told to go and wait over there and someone would be over shortly. We waited for 20 mins but no-one came, another 10 minutes past so I went to a rep with a clipboard, told him where we were staying and he said coach D2 bay 10. Great, so we get on the coach and a rep gets on and reads a list of passengers but our names are not on the list. I asked what was going on,only to be told that our coach had left 30 minutes ago(about the time I asked the 3 ladies) but that this coach would take us but might take longer to the resort. We landed at 1.00pm and we arrived at our apartment just after 4pm. At the Welcome meeting we asked our worst than useless rep Kat, why we were just abandoned at the Airport she just shrugged and said "Well, it was busy?"So beware all future Manos customers, if I were you I would get a taxi from the airport or book elsewhere.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »
Hi all,

Just been to Arillas this weekend with work and I doubled checked the Thomas Cook transfer times. Unless there are unforseen problems the transfer is usually 90 minutes or less via Sidari and San Stefanos with no more than 4/5 quick drop-offs on route. Seeing it takes about 45 mins to Sidari in the car this isn't to bad. This is only on the TCX flights from Manchester though, I forget to ask about the others, doh!

Joe

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 04:06:46 PM »
Travelled to arillas with thomas cooke in October last year  ...over 3hrs .20 mins  after a night flight!! not impressed...returned in May this year again thos cooke ...took a Taxi...coach arrived 2 hrs after us..returning again in october & unless the rep can confirm a faster transfer ,will be taking taxi again..
..see may post re "Taxi sharing"...
I also heard that different holiday companies where shareing coaches....any truth in that I wonder...still will take more that a dreary coach journey to prevent us  returning to Arillas..

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »
We arrived at Corfu airport on 26th june. There were NO manos reps in the airport and we had to ask another tour rep what we should do. Had to fight our way to the information desks and got told where to go to our coach. We then had to wait half an hour on the coach before a manos rep turned up, and then another half an hour while he pratted about.

The actual transfer itself was perfect - straight to arillas in about 45-50 mins. So if it hadn't been for our prat of a rep we would have been fine

Offline Mossey

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 04:29:54 PM »
I got back from my wonderful holiday in Arillas yesterday but felt I had to write about the bloody awful transfer from the airport when we landed at Corfu. We traveled with manos for the first and the last time. we landed an hour late which happens but we got our bags and spotted 3 ladies holding manos signs. I went up and asked which coach we were on. I was told to go and wait over there and someone would be over shortly. We waited for 20 mins but no-one came, another 10 minutes past so I went to a rep with a clipboard, told him where we were staying and he said coach D2 bay 10. Great, so we get on the coach and a rep gets on and reads a list of passengers but our names are not on the list. I asked what was going on,only to be told that our coach had left 30 minutes ago(about the time I asked the 3 ladies) but that this coach would take us but might take longer to the resort. We landed at 1.00pm and we arrived at our apartment just after 4pm. At the Welcome meeting we asked our worst than useless rep Kat, why we were just abandoned at the Airport she just shrugged and said "Well, it was busy?"So beware all future Manos customers, if I were you I would get a taxi from the airport or book elsewhere.

hi
sent copy of your e mail off to manos, going to Arillas in Aug with them, and bit concerned about time of airport transfer, this was their reply-

Dear Mr Moss,

Thank you for your recent email regarding your forthcoming holiday to Corfu.  I have been in touch with our Customer Relations Department regarding transfers.  They have confirmed that they have received no complaints to date about the transfers. 

Please feel free to contact me for anything further.

think perhaps you,and anyone else who has a problem with airport transfers ought to send in an e mail and complain to them,  think this the only way that they will do something about it. e mail address is- Leah Webb
Call Centre Administration Executive/Golf Co-ordinator
Email: administration@phg.co.uk
Fax: 01273 427384
Address: Panorama House, Vale Road, Portslade,  East Sussex, BN41 1HP
Tel Panorama: 08707 595 595
Tel: Manos: 08707 530 530
Ext: 7064
or try CC - Administration  - PHG <administration@phg.co.uk>

Offline LYNS

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 04:34:43 PM »
I have already sent an email to Manos and I will recieve a reply within the next 24 hrs. They keep saying that there is no problem with the transfer but I haven't spoken to many people who had a perfect one. I will update as soon as they get back to me.

Booking.com