Author Topic: bardis sun hotel ?  (Read 20760 times)

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
bardis sun hotel ?
« on: May 21, 2004, 09:14:54 PM »
hi ya
Can anyone give me info on the bardis sun hotel and a webb site if you can please.
efharisto
  norm & sandy

Offline Nichola

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 02:43:10 PM »
Me and the boyfriend are staying there this August and I've asked before about it. Here is the thread http://wishingwell.gr/arillas/viewtopic.php?t=32

I have a friend who works for a travel agents and she read out the Gazeteer to me for the hotel and it sounded really nice. You can also find info on the hotel on the thomson website, the link I had doesn't work anymore, so just go to their main website and search for it.
Are you planning to go or are you already booked in there? Doesn't seem to be anyone else on here going there this summer so far.

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 07:00:45 PM »
I passed the Bardis Sun last week and from the outside it looks very nice, nice pool and If I'm correct the pool would have the sun from sun up until around 18.00 at this time of year, sorry I can't comment on rooms but it all looks clean. Beach is about 2 or 3 mins walk from Bardis Sun. Plenty of restaurants on beach front and behind too. I sampled a different restaurant every night of my 2 weeks holiday and never had a bad meal in any of them, and Dimitrus's Broukilis of course was a good meal too, even the complimentry ouzo he served us. Hi Dimitrus as you gather we all got home safely.

3 links to pics I took outside of Bardis Sun if it helps you Nichola.

http://www.killies.co.uk/corfu/bardis1.jpg
http://www.killies.co.uk/corfu/bardis2.jpg
http://www.killies.co.uk/corfu/bardis3.jpg

Anonymous

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 10:42:12 PM »
Thanks for the photos, they make me wish it was 12 weeks time already! (Not that I've been counting you understand!)
I really can't wait.

Offline Nichola

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 10:43:24 PM »
oopps that was me! Forgot to login, and this place doesn't remember your username, even if you tell it to!

Maggie1

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 11:06:04 PM »
Lovely pics Killie, I hope you had a great holiday. We've got less than 4 weeks to wait now, seeing the pics keep us going. Thanks, maggie.

Anonymous

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 08:56:12 AM »
Great pictures Killie.Looking forward to seeing more!!!Hope you had a good holiday.cx

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 03:58:46 PM »
I have stayed at the Bardis Sun before - its clean and functional and the staff - just like everyone else in Arillas - are very friendly and helpful. The area by the pool is great for the sun and is nice and quiet if you don't fancy the beach. Breakfasts are a bit small if you have a healthy appetite, but by paying alittle extra you can get more!
In the evenings pop into the bar next door at the Bardis Sun Appartments - Poppy and Spiros who run it will make you very welcome and its a great atmosphere. Alternatively, take a very short walk down towards the beach and stop at the first taverna - the Sea Breeze. Thomas and his son Yiannis provide some great food and are really nice people.

You are all going to have a great time there :D

Happy Holidays,
Geoff
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 12:05:07 AM »
8) Just booked the Bardis Sun for end September for two weeks. Does any one know where the lady who does Greek lessons is based?
                                           Ivan

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 03:57:49 PM »
Hi Ivan,
we were talking to Dimitris about Greek lessons and the lady is a friend of his, so pop into Brouklis for the info, and while your there put a photo in the album!!!!!!

regards
Paul/Deb5

Kas

Helpful tips
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 12:51:18 PM »
Hi guys

I wonder if someone who has stayed in the Bardis Sun Hotel can give me some information.  Firstly can you tell me if there is a kettle in the hotel room - I understand there is a fridge but not sure about a kettle.  Another wee question would be if there is plently of towels available?  

I would really appreciate any information you can give me on this hotel as I don't want to bring things I wont need!

Thanks for your help

Kas  8)

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 06:18:02 PM »
Hi Kas
we have just come back and Norm & Sandys 2 lads were stopping at Bardis sun they could tell you alot more ?
but there was a kettle in the room and a fridge, and it was bed & breakfast, but not the full !! different selections each day.
 regards
      Paul/Deb5

Offline NORM&SANDY

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 02:37:54 PM »
hello Kas
As Paul/deb have said my 2 boys aged 16 and 19 stayed at the Bardis sun hotel and were pleased with what they got,the rooms are smaller than the Mathraki studio,s clean and tidy with kettle and fridge the breakfast was nothing to shout about  but then the boys have a healthy appertite and half a horse would,nt be enough.lovely pool and friendly staff.
 norm

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 10:01:06 PM »
8) Paul/Deb5,
                    Thanks for the info, I will talk to Dimitris (and leave photos for the album) Sorry it took me so long to reply but I spent the last 4 weeks touring the Greek mainland by motorcycle-awesome!
                                    Ivan

Anonymous

bardis sun hotel ?
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 01:31:35 PM »
Hi,I'm going to Arillas in October and staying in the Bardis Sun Studios-do they measure up to the great reviews the hotel has received?I can't wait to go! :D

Booking.com