Author Topic: Water Taxi to Agios Stephanos?  (Read 18831 times)

Offline vivwells

Water Taxi to Agios Stephanos?
« on: July 04, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »
Hi Everyone
There's been some discussion on the Agni Travel website forum about whether or not there's a "water taxi" from Arilas to Agios Stephanos.  Do any of you know?  We'd like to walk over to Arilas for breakfast on one or more mornings, have breakfast, then use this method of transport to return, if it's possible.  Have been to Ag Steph a number of times and am looking forward to hols at end of August.  A helpful lady by the name of Eileen suggested I try this forum for a definitive answer.
And can anyone suggest somewhere good for breakfast in Arilas?
Many thanks.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Water Taxi to Agios Stephanos?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 05:01:47 PM »
I noticed last week on the Arillas sea front where the boat hire is that there is a boat taxi service from there to Ag. Georgious and also San Stefanos so there must be a return journey you can get from both places.  I dont know how much it is though.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Brekky
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 09:40:11 PM »
Hi Viv

I am a bit of an expert on breakfasts as I usually dine alone as my lot are snoring!  I must have tried 6 thousand taverna's in Arillas over the years (ok...Slight exageration) and in my humble opinion the best ( for full english) is The Mirage, but close second is Marina (both of these can be found on the sea front) where you can get all cereal fruit juice melon etc along with the cooked.  helens Creperie on the front also does lovely sandwiches but be sure to ask not for salad with your sausage and egg!! Strange to say the least!! Enjoy!  Oh, the bakery does lovely croissants if you fancy a change  but get there early!

Offline vivwells

Re: Brekky
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 10:27:11 PM »
Hi Viv

I am a bit of an expert on breakfasts as I usually dine alone as my lot are snoring!  I must have tried 6 thousand taverna's in Arillas over the years (ok...Slight exageration) and in my humble opinion the best ( for full english) is The Mirage, but close second is Marina (both of these can be found on the sea front) where you can get all cereal fruit juice melon etc along with the cooked.  helens Creperie on the front also does lovely sandwiches but be sure to ask not for salad with your sausage and egg!! Strange to say the least!! Enjoy!  Oh, the bakery does lovely croissants if you fancy a change  but get there early!

Thanks very much, will make a note of these suggestions - seems like there's plenty of choice anyway!  And I'm more hopeful about the "water taxi" now.

Offline eve

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 04:18:37 PM »
I do not know about the water taxi this year but in previous years I believe it left arillas around 5.30p.m. Depending on tides I guess, you can always ask ate marina or sorry forget his name the guy at the watersports hire. as for brekkie, I agree with the above post.

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 06:14:30 PM »
We paid 20 euros last year from Agios Georgios, St Stefanos should be similar.

Offline calum

Re: Brekky
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 10:17:35 PM »
Hi Viv

best breakfast got to ANNASTUDIO also does a mean omelette

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »
The Captains Restaurant is renowned for their super breakfasts... Such big helpings... Proper sausages and bacon... the best ever light and fluffy fried bread.  Lovely eggs. Am I making your mouth water! Oh and mugs of coffee/tea (not silly cups), juice, 2 toast and jam... so cheap too about 4.50 euros which is about average price.  We had a breakfast at the Sea Breeze, it was adequate which is all I will say.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »
Same as me on the Sea Breeze front!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »
Wasnt very clean either. Table cloth dirty etc.  no serviettes... perhaps it was too early for them at 10.00 a.m.

Last year the meals were very good -  this year wasnt up to standard we thought.  No where near as big portions and not as good value as elsewhere.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 03:19:17 PM »
They have cut down on their staff also.  Saw on of the waiters working in restaurant on the beach in San Stefanos.  He had worked at the Seabreeze for 8 years!

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 03:36:01 PM »
I agree the Captains is as good as it gets..also like the choice of English or Greek bacon...nice touch !...mouth watering

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 10:40:01 AM »
The thread is about the Water Taxi rather than breakfast.  ;-)

I also would like to know the schedule and price of the Water Taxi, we would like to get to San Stefanos and other places nearby.

We know it is possible to walk there by the road, or the eroding coastal path, but our mobility may not let us.  :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 11:00:59 AM »
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion about water taxi's so could I please ask if somebody is going to Arillas within the next few weeks could they please find out all the info and post it. Cheers Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »
I`ll investigate viv. xx
Lindypops.

Booking.com