Author Topic: General Arillas Info and a Lady with 2 Dogs!  (Read 35178 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: General Arillas Info and a Lady with 2 Dogs!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 04:04:57 PM »
Just managed to get off the phone to the mother who is baking in the sun at Arillas. She was very excited as somebody from this forum spotted her when she was out with the animals, came over and they had a good chat (I assume about the weather :-) ), it made her day. Just wanted to say thanks to whoever it was, I didn't get a name beacuse my mobile went dead but I will find out.

Thanks again!
Joe

Offline Judi

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 02:21:24 AM »
Hi Joe

It was me that met your Mum in Arillas!  We booked a last minute holiday in Irene Villa Appartments which we spotted on this website.  While browsing through to see what the reports about it were like I happened to read this post.

I was in the cake shop and noticed 2 dogs outside, with an English woman inside - so I said 'Are you an English Woman with 2 dogs' (lol) and explained about the thread.  Your Mum was so chuffed you had put this thread up, she seemed quite touched you had done so.

No we didnt talk about the weather (much) mostly about Arillas and you!  I hear you will be going out soon so I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

Have fun!

Judi

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 11:52:23 AM »
Hi Judy,

Thank you so much for letting me now, my Mum was really chuffed I remember her telling me, it really did make her day. She loves it in Arillas and I can't imagine her ever coming back to the UK now but she still finds it nice to talk to people from home, probably trying to convince you to move out there to, ha ha! I had a text from her recently saying she has met some other lovely people from this forum (thanks to everyone) You were the first to see her though so thanks again it was really sweet of you.

Really looking forward to going on next month was going to jump a flight this weekend but with the chaos here at the moment it’s not really possible, oh well.

All the best

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 07:54:14 PM »
Hi Joe

Just back from Arillas - landed at 03.30 today.  Thanks for posting all the useful information - see my post under the security alert information.

Think I saw your mother walking the dogs along the seafront one evening, but didn't quite have the courage to stope her and enquire as I couldn't remember what dogs she has!!  I did spot where she lives however - very convenient position!  Had my birthday yesterday so it's now exactly three years until I retire so I'll definitely have a chat with her next year as I've had my two holidays this year (very sad!!)

Enjoy your holiday in September - Roy may be going back then for a week - lucky man!

Fiona

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 06:34:59 PM »
Hi Fiona,

Glad you had a good time and I hope your birthday went well, sorry you didn't bump into my Mum but at least it saved you from being savaged by the dogs. :-)

All the best
Joe

Offline jennyandchris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 11:45:32 PM »
Hi Joe

Got back from our wonderful holiday staying at  Mirage yesterday. The accommodation is everything you are expecting - just great.
What was fantastic was the transfer from the airport!
Don't know if somebody has either been watching over us or what, but the coach driver decided to head straight for Arillas instead of the normal Sidari - San Stef route, making us the first drop off. Took less than 1 hour.
Did, one morning, catch a glimpse of your Mum with her dogs, heading up the hill away from the whispers junction, but she was too far away to say hello.
Hope your fast approaching holiday is as good as ours was in everyway. (Hope your airport transfer rep is the one who lives in Sidari,
as a back to front transfer route means the coach ends up where she lives which is great for her and shows those poor Sidari people just what they are missing in Arillas)
Happy Holiday.

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »
Kalimera Joe

Got back from Arillas yesterday morning after a wonderful relaxing week.
We have never been anywhere that has had us chilled from the minute we arrived.( Hubby is hooked now )

Got to have a good chat with your Mum on Sunday morning. She has settled so well into the easy pace of life there ( No I am not jealous !!!!!)
I think she is enjoying her new found celebrity status in Arillas.

Well off to do washing etc but may have to check out prices for next year later today.

Have a good day  Pauline

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
Pauline,  I cannot believe you home already, it only seems like a couple of days ago since you left.  I hope time passed more slowly for you in Arillas so that you could savour and enjoy every moment.
Eileenx

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 01:44:54 PM »
Thats what i was thinking that it only seemed like a couple of days since Pauline said she was going!!

I hope it does pass slowly when we're out there, nothing worse than a holiday that flies by!

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 02:49:42 PM »
Hello Eileen and Smiffy

No I can not believe I am back!!!!

It did not really go that quick I must admit, however 1 week is not enough but better than none I suppose.It really is back to earth with a  bump though.

Never mind just have to start planning  for next year.   Pauline x

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 11:46:45 PM »
Hi Joe

Got back from our wonderful holiday staying at  Mirage yesterday. The accommodation is everything you are expecting - just great.
What was fantastic was the transfer from the airport!
Don't know if somebody has either been watching over us or what, but the coach driver decided to head straight for Arillas instead of the normal Sidari - San Stef route, making us the first drop off. Took less than 1 hour.
Did, one morning, catch a glimpse of your Mum with her dogs, heading up the hill away from the whispers junction, but she was too far away to say hello.
Hope your fast approaching holiday is as good as ours was in everyway. (Hope your airport transfer rep is the one who lives in Sidari,
as a back to front transfer route means the coach ends up where she lives which is great for her and shows those poor Sidari people just what they are missing in Arillas)
Happy Holiday.

Thanks for that I'm even more excited now, I've been looking at the CSQ results for the Mirage and its getting very high scores, especially its location which is ideal, not seen inside the rooms, can't wait. Staying at the Mirage I assume you travelled with Thomas Cook, one of the biggest complaints about Arillas was the transfer, great minds have been employed to try and improve this, glad to see in your case its working. I believe one of the ideas has been to sell the resorts in blocks so there should be enough holidaymakers for one coach per resort, this only works in peak time though as there are more flights, on some occasions there is literally nothing that can be done. To be honest the feedback from this site has been very useful, I have passed down the channels the problems people have had with the transfers and it doesn't go unnoticed.

Shame you didn't get chance to see my Mum, there's always next time!!

Joe

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 11:51:12 PM »
Kalimera Joe

Got back from Arillas yesterday morning after a wonderful relaxing week.
We have never been anywhere that has had us chilled from the minute we arrived.( Hubby is hooked now )

Got to have a good chat with your Mum on Sunday morning. She has settled so well into the easy pace of life there ( No I am not jealous !!!!!)
I think she is enjoying her new found celebrity status in Arillas.

Well off to do washing etc but may have to check out prices for next year later today.

Have a good day  Pauline

Hi Pauline,

My mum joked the other day she felt like a celebrity, she loves talking to people from home and always sends me an excited text when someone has come up to her. After the week I've had I have no concerns over her moving to Arillas, its fantastic for her and I wish I could be there more, I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas out there.

All the best
Joe

Offline jericlin2

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Jericlin
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 01:14:18 AM »
Hi Joe
Looks like we will be looking for a woman, two dogs and a son next week ! and she won't have to email you !
Do you know for definite positive absolutely when the wine festival starts and finishes as there are conflicting dates on the website.
Cheers
Jericlin

We fly out 7.10 am Newcastle 18/09/06 to Tria

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 11:25:31 AM »
Hi,

Not long to go now and looking at the weather outside today It can't come soon enough, I can already taste the Mythos

I don't know when the Wine Fetsival starts but I have it on good authority that it ends the weekend before we arrive, typical, just hope there is some left overs, I'm sure my mum will have collected some souveniers.

I'm flying out of Manchester at 2pm, it was orginally 9am but as the program is being reduced for Winter (it will be Christmas soon) my flight has been rescehduled, not to much of an issue as I get a lie in now and miss all the morning fun on the motorway.

Hope to see you there
Joe

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
There was a note a couple of days ago in the weather box that the wine festival is the 15th, 16th and 17th of September, hope this helps.

Joe you saying about Chrimbo, in Tescos they already have all the selection boxes and tins of chocs and loads of xmas food already, i couldnt believe it! 

Booking.com