Author Topic: General Arillas Info and a Lady with 2 Dogs!  (Read 35124 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: General Arillas Info and a Lady with 2 Dogs!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 01:07:01 PM »
Its incredible isn't it, the flights I've booked for Christmas have doubled in price the last month, definately payed to book early.

Offline Lynette

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »
Confirm them dates they were advertised when we were there in August. For those lucky people who are there it is fantastic fun and you only pay to fill your jug up once (they give you the jug as a souvenir) and the rest is free. ps don't forget your camera dancing and music is good too.

Offline jericlin2

• Jericlin
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 09:30:41 PM »
Hi
Ref the wine festival, the weather box note was what had got me worried as I had seen other references to 16/17/18 on the Arillas.com site, and guess what, we get there on the 18th so it could be a bit hit or miss !
Cheers
Jericlin

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 11:04:27 PM »
Spoke to my mum tonight, its on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, it will have finished by the 18th unfortunatley.

Offline jericlin2

• Jericlin
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 01:58:50 AM »
Hi Joe
Just thought I put photo on profile but no picture just a red cross, most profiles seem to have same, any ideas why ?
Jericlin

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 11:20:32 AM »
Hi Jericlin,

This seems to be a common problem, I can see your picture fine here at work but if I log on to the laptop I get the dreaded red cross, this also happens with my picture and many others. When you upload the picture its converted to a different format (usually PNG) which may be the problem or it may be a cache issue which is providing a broken link. If you type the problem into Google it seems to be quite a common problem on forums such as this, I have not had time to have a fiddle with the settings to see if its a problem on our computers or an administrator issue (Dimitris is aware of this). The fact that it works fine on my computer at work but not at home makes me think it’s a problem on our machines.

There is another thread about it here http://wishingwell.gr/arillas_corfu/index.php?topic=1270.0 with some possible solutions, none of which worked for me but its worth a try. I'll post back if find a fix.

Cheers
Joe

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 11:41:57 AM »
Hi again,

I have changed some settings on my picture, can anybody let me know if they are having any problems seeing it as I won't be able to check on my laptop until I get home to see if I am still having the same problems.

Thanks
Joe

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 11:44:35 AM »
I can see everyones picture, i have no white squares with a red cross.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 12:22:11 PM »
Same here can see everyones pictures.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:35 PM »
Computers drive me mad!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 01:01:55 PM »
They must have that Friday Feeling, theyve gone a bit crazy!!

Offline jericlin2

• Jericlin
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »
Hi Joe
Just looked at this thread and lo and behold we have a mug shot !? for Joe ( but nobody else ! ).
Monday is looming fast and a lot to do, just getting hire car sorted hopefully and raiding the piggy bank for the euros.
It looks a bit damp on Monday, lets hope it soon clears.
Cheers
Eric

By the way if anybody has the profile photos showing and is in Arillas next week, I would welcome being accosted, life is to short to waste time wondering whether to do things !!!!!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 03:45:52 PM »
Thanks for that,

I think its to do with the size of the picture you upload, using Kes's advice I changed my picture size to 60 pixels high by 90 pixels wide and it seems to be showing now where it wasn't before. If this turns out to the be the problem then to enable all users to see your photo everybody will need to upload a new picture but resized to a thumbnail 60 x 90 pixels, this should prevent the cache issue that is occurring. I would guess the pictures that aren’t showing were uploading in their original size.

I'll double check at home to see if mine is working, if so I'll post a link to an image-resizing programme that should fix the error that some people are receiving, unfortunately it will require most people to submit their pictures again, some pictures such as Viv’s and Kes’s (which I’m guessing were uploaded in the smaller size) are working fine but most are not. I really hate computers.

Joe

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 03:52:26 PM »
If the meantime if anybody wants to resize the their picture the following link takes you to a free program that will easily do it for you. http://www.geocities.com/peter_bone_uk/resize.html All you need to do is open up your original photo and change it 90 pixels wide by 60 pixels high, it well then save a copy for you to upload to the forum.

Good luck

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 04:43:53 PM »
Is my photo not visible, has it ever been??

Booking.com