Author Topic: authentic or not  (Read 183311 times)

Offline SBPL2458

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: authentic or not
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »
Whenever we arrive back in Arillas, all our greek friends say "welcome home". I think that sums it up.
Lin and Steve.

Offline keefy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2008, 03:55:27 PM »
Of course it is all authentic in Arillas...We went to Arillas (of course) and went to 3 resturants & 1 bar (twice) had 10 bottles of Amstell (5 each). Not bad  I hear you say well we paid for none. the people there are just glad to see you If someone was false why by you a drink....Oh! and the resturants & bars we visited several times during the week.....OOOOOHH! ME HEAD I can still feel the hangover's.

Phil i need help and lessons

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »
Keefy and Helen, we so enjoyed our time at home. You persuaded even the youngsters how real we were. Jen and me are well known as the Arillas piss artists. Nothing changes in 2009 then. So wish we could be in the Rainbow right now, laughing with each other. Let's do it again soon

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2012, 01:59:38 AM »
Well, it was me who posted last in 2009 apparently. But I guess that is because there is little point arguing about the authenticity of the hosts we stay with in Arillas, we all agree that what they do is authentic.

But during our stay at Bardis Sun Studios, I decided to post this so here it is.

During 2012, two guests had major problems that we know about. Illness and accident. Alan and Jan have posted the details of theirs, and will be back next month to complete the holiday that illness ruined earlier in the year. Looked after in fullsome detail whilst there. Look at the posts.

And during our stay, someone had an accident, and thankfully was not badly injured. But several trips to the doctor, Corfu Town and Hospital were driven late at night by tired out Spiros and Bobby, up to their necks in satisfying 40+ guests as well. They were still "on parade" in the morning.

My point though, is Spiros' reaction when a couple of days later he arrived back from hospital. Big smiles. He was truly glad that his guest was recovering. It was the body language. You can't fake that. When I nattered to him one afternoon he said "You need to be a doctor to do this job properly."

Authentic? I think so.
Phil

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
I'm glad you put your post on Phil because for the first time I went back to the first postings and read the the history of Arillas. Jenny

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2012, 11:15:08 AM »
Yes Phil truly marvelous genuine people at the Bar is Sun Studios. Just over two weeks and we will be enjoying their company once again.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
Oh dear! Here comes the long list of favourites!! There are so many wonderful tavernas, and you always get good food. To directly answer, authentic Corfiot food at Brouklis; authentic Greek dancing at Marina's Greek Night; authentic fish at the renowned Vavilas mentioned by Truth; modern Greek cuisine at Thalassa; gorgeous prawns at Graziella and Effie's; authentic Sofrito at Armourada; prawn saganaki at Mirage........ And I only just started!!

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2014, 04:05:49 PM »
Carry on Phil, I want to see if you can melt your keyboard mate !!!   :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Karen Arillas

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »
A beautiful description...

Offline ValL

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2017, 12:09:23 PM »
Thank you for such a lovely informative post. We have loved Arillas since we first came in 2004 (wish we had found it sooner).  It's a very special place with special people.
Arillas visitor since 2004 🍹☀️

Offline momo

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 12:49:48 AM »
Glad this thread came up again as it was lovely to read through.
When I describe Arillas to friends I seem to always say how it is full of small tavernas and no huge hotels. The hosts,eg Philip at Tria Adelphia remember our names. That totally surprised us at first - and made us feel great. Now we love to see the familiar faces and places and hope they don't change too much. Happily there are plenty of bright individuals who know that what they have with beautiful, authentic Arillas and who try to keep it special.
Excited already for August.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2017, 01:05:45 AM »
I know what you mean about the 'they remember our names' thing. The first time I experienced it and I was greeted with 'Hi, welcome back - lovely to see you again', I thought 'yeh, right - good bluff! You've no idea who I am!'. But I soon realised I was wrong! It happened everywhere we went, and I quickly realised that having met you, they consider you to be a friend. And they DO remember you. Of course it's good for business, but I think Arillas takes it 'above and beyond', and I love it.

Offline momo

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2017, 01:26:44 AM »
Exactly! Mo x

Booking.com