Author Topic: authentic or not  (Read 183330 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: authentic or not
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »
Eleni,

I cannot put it any better than Carol, I wholeheartedly agree with her  :-) :-) :-)

Eileenxx

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »
Me to, very well said. Just confirmed that I have a seat on tomorrow's flight so a lovely relaxing weekend in Arillas for me.
Joe

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 11:46:54 AM »
After returning last week from our first visit to Arillas we fell in love with the place too.  I loved reading about the history of Arillas as it makes you totally understand why people want to go back.  If the local residents feel so attached and dont want to leave they inspire others to want to return continually because of their love for the place.  We decided to take the coach transfer back to the airport and I was glad I did as apart from the fantastic scenery (we didnt bother with a car this time so we hadnt seen much) we also saw Sidari and hated it immediately and that was during the daytime.  Goodness knows what it would be like at night.. but some people like that sort of thing but it is not the Greece I love.

My first memories of Arillas were within 1/2 hr of arriving when we met a lovely old couple Mikalis and Ellen in the little bungalow on the right before the Brouklis (very generous with his apricots) seeing the wonderful beach and coastline and eating our very first lunch at the Brouklis eating Dimitris wonderful Sardines and a cold glass of Mythos!  Oh!  and of course meeting you Dimitris!!!

Just want to thank everyone we met for such a wonderful holiday in Arillas!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lynette

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 12:18:16 PM »
Dimitris,

As always you are so informative. I found your reply so interesting, it is always good to find out the truth about this lovely village. Like every one else we love it. We also love your food no matter what is cooking!

Lynette

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 03:19:30 PM »
Question for Lozicle ?. Hi nothing to do with this post really, I am just trying to find out how to use the smileys because since the forum changed ( for the better well done Dimitris ) I just can,t seem to get them to work. I have noticed that you have can you help.

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »
What a fantastic insight you have given us to the wonderful Arillas, you are so lucky to live there. Thank you Dimitris for letting us be a part of it. Look forward to seeing you again in September.
SHEILA

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »
thank you all for the response to my origanal post (authentic or not). this was posted after a casual remark during a drunken conversation with friends and family.i did not expect to recieve such an interesting and varied number of replies and have enjoyed reading them all,keep them coming.
   once again thanks to you all and a special thank you to dimitris for the time and effort put into his reply,i am sure  it has really enlightened us all and helped us gain an understanding into the history of the people and places we love to visit. efkhareesto cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Maggie

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 11:20:29 PM »
 That sums everything up entirely, Eleni. I love Arillas, and i can't imagine
  having a sunshine holiday in any other place now. Thank you for that post.

Offline clever1

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 04:33:13 AM »
my dad was born in the house we live in now. it is not a  man made attraction. just check out the cemetary, check the dates on the stones.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 11:43:48 PM »
Hi Dimitris. I have been reading this post about Arillas, and found it so interesting. I love this sort of thing. On our last visit, a young man(from a family hotel), was telling me about some good and some sad family history. We had some very long and interesting conversations. I have a lot of respect for people, especially the older generation, and indeed struck up a friendship with one of the more senior gentlemen of Arillas. We managed the language barrier, of sorts. I learned of some of his difficult earlier times as a young man, and one could only have respect. I won`t go into too much detail, just now, but I think you may recognise him! I look forward to your next posts. Keep up the good work, and see you soon. Regards to all. Lindypops.
Lindypops.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 02:41:21 AM »
I've enjoyed this subject while doing a "sleepless surf" My tupppence worth would be that Arillas is a developed village as opposed to a purpose-built resort and one of the friendliest places I have ever come accross. Keep the discussion going, Dimitis I enjoyed your and Eleni's posts particularly,
                                                                   Ivan

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 12:31:06 PM »
A good description Ivan.  I have trouble describing Arillas, so developed village explains it very well.  It does not give the wrong impression that it is a village, yet resort is not the correct description either (IMHO of course!)

Eileenx

Offline John_R

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 07:17:52 PM »
Went to Arillas for the first time this year, I wanted to book again for next year as soon as I got back, I can't do that until I have got my holiday weeks sorted out with work, I just hope we can get a holiday in Arillas when I do get the weeks I'm off sorted out.
All the best to all you Arillas fans

Offline voni

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »
Hi all,

Im new to the site but after reading Dimitris's posting, in reply to the original I am spell bound!  We are due to visit Arillas next year and now can't wait!

Von

Offline Lynette

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 10:25:29 PM »
Voni
Welcome. Keep looking you will read we are all a friendly bunch of people from all over the place but with one big passion in common we went to Arillas and just keep going back, addicted is the word, any worries or questions don't be scared to ask some one some where on this site will no the answer. Welcome!

Booking.com