Author Topic: Bakery Apartments  (Read 12951 times)

Offline LYNS

Bakery Apartments
« on: July 18, 2006, 03:02:33 PM »
We stayed at the apartments from 3rd-17th July, they are basic but in their own gardens, so its never too noisy. We first night we were there, the apartment on the ground floor got infested with ants(oh the joys of country life) which couldn't be helped and the next day the owner's brought round some ant powder and destroyed the nest. When we got back from the beach that day we all lined up for the shower and my kids went first. When they both came out they both looked a bit surprised but said nothing. My hubby went in next and after 2 minutes came out saying he had got what felt like an electric shock in the water. I thougtht he had had to much sun and went in. After a couple of seconds I was aware of a tingling sensation in my fingers and after about a minute it was quite strong and I got out. We discussed with Jane and john downstairs and they also got shocks. We reported it our Manos rep Kat and the owners were called. On telling kat the problem I was made to feel as though I was making it up or exaggerrating!!!!
Anyway 2 weeks on and the problem was still there but getting worse, again the rep was informed but no joy, so please if you going to stay there kick up a fuss especially if you have small children. And also if you do stay here could you please feed the cats that I adopted when we stayed, 1 ginger, 1 white with tabby and a pregnant tabby. Thanks

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Bakery Apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »
Hi Lyn,
good to hear from you again glad you fed the cats.The electric in the showers is one that we have experianced over the years it seems a very common thing,i think the earth must be on the showers somewhere,but it has never got worse as the holiday progressed,just stayed the same Sally has never noticed it as far as i can remember,but i have(must be more senative than sally lol).
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 09:50:28 PM »
My friends stayed at the Bakery in June and had the same problem with the showers - in fact one of the girls got a pretty nasty electric shock one day. The electrics there have always been a bit odd. I styaed there the first time I came to Arillas in 1993 and we were always having power cuts and were told to flick the switch in the box at the end of the drive!!!

However, we lived to tell the tale and are still coming back to Arillas each year!!

Sandy
Sandy x

Offline dixoss

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 09:16:12 PM »
Hi, my hubbie and were at the Bakery on the ground floor and left the day you arrived, 3rd July. On the first evening there, tired and hot from our journey, I got in the shower and received quite a strong shock when holding the shower head. We too reported this and the same disinterested rep, Kat, more or less dismissed the idea and said no-one had mentioned it before. What a lie! We tried 3 times to get someone to look at the problem and eventually gave up, we were disgusted with the "service" from Kat who blanked us when we saw her in the street.
The other rep Paul was at least sympathetic but said the Bakery was not under his control and strongly advised us to complain on getting back home, he didnt seem to think much of Kat either. I did intend to but havent done yet, perhaps we could form a united front?
On the positive side once we were aware of the problem with the shower and didn't hold it, we started to really enjoy the holiday. The apartments are set in a beautiful garden and it was lovely picking our own fruit from the trees for breakfast. Yes, they are basic and not exactly cleaned very well, but on the whole the holiday was wonderful and we certainly intend to go back to Arillas......but probably not with Manos which is a shame because if the electrics at the Bakery were sorted out and Manos employed a decent Rep and they got a decent cleaner in it would be ideal.

Offline Gillian and Peter Rhodes

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 05:45:46 PM »
We were supposed to stay there this year but were appalled at the condition of these apartments. How anyone would want to stay in a place full of rat droppings with a cooker encrusted with food and a fridge which was filthy is beyond our comprehension. How could anyone in this day and age put up with lights that flicker when you pull the toilet chain?[making reading at bedtime impossible]. How complacent to allow anyone in a shower that gives you even the mildest electric shock !!!  Perhaps then you will question the fact that you put up with it and didn't even try to get the problem resolved.
Gillian and Peter Rhodes

Offline dando

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 02:18:50 PM »
Hi folks

Greetings to all! We're new to the Forum, though familiar with wonderful Arillas!

Just to say that we've been considering staying at the Bakery Apartments, but would be more than a tad concerned about the reports on this thread of people getting electric shocks from the showers in both apartments!  Does anyone know if any remedial action has been taken since the last current (no pun intended!) report back in July?

Many thanks!

D&O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 09:11:48 PM »
It must be about 12 years ago we first stayed in the Bakery Apartments, through Manos, and enjoyed it very much. Very caring owners who could not do enough for you. Basic Apartments but all you needed and an excellent location. So much that, the year following year, we booked both the first and ground floor rooms. The year after the owner split with Manos so we booked privately with her. Unfortunately, after two years I think, she went back to Manos. I believe that the cost of her Tourist License meant that she was,maybe, just about breaking even on rental. ( Very hard to rent privately back then )
The point I am trying to make,and we all know this, is that the Rep is the link between owners and Holidaymakers. If the Rep is not passing on valid complaints it is , not only bad service to the Holidaymaker, but also to the owner. How does she know she has problems with her apartment if no one tells her?
In this respect not only does the Holidaymaker have a grievance with Manos but also the owner.
The owner has a busy Bakery to run so perhaps she has employed somebody full time to look after her house who is not doing the job! Who knows. I wish I had her phone number to explain these problems.
I hope that someone in Arillas has picked up this topic and has passed it on to the owners.
-- Or maybe someone who has stayed there should write to Manos and explain the problems.
It's not only someone's Holiday that suffers but also their business.
Personally, D&0 , I would go for it but make your concerns clear to Manos, in writing, before departure.
Best Wishes to All
Negg

Offline dando

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:59:37 PM »
Thank you for such a prompt, and if I may say so, common-sense reply, Negg.  Much appreciated!

As it happens, we've already exchanged E-Mails with Manos - referring them specifically to this thread - and will be following up their not-terribly-helpful (!) initial response.  If anyone over there at the Arillas end can contact the owners it would be doubly helpful.

We'll let you know what, if anything, Manos add by way of substance.

Meanwhile, many thanks again!

D&O

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 12:35:51 AM »
Is this problem that  there is no earth to the shower like there is here in the UK, we don't want another problem like they had in Gouvia recently do we. I think all complaints of this nature should be taken seriously.

Diane

Offline moi2travel

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 04:00:48 PM »
Stayed in bakery appts last july, no probs with electrics, all ok, going again in
August, so have to wait and see !!!!

Offline dando

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 07:08:03 PM »
Stayed in bakery appts last july, no probs with electrics, all ok, going again in
August, so have to wait and see !!!!

Just by way of update, we enjoyed a great stay at the Bakery Apartments last month.  Definitely, one of our most enjoyable Greek holidays. 

Outside, the building and gardens looked really well.  Inside, the apartments were spacious.  Both had shower curtains AND rubber shower mats and neither we nor the other guests had any problem at all with the electrics.  Also, the kitchen was very well equipped and had a mini-oven and a kettle.

On arrival, we found a complementary bottle of water in the fridge and a vase of fresh flowers on the table - nice touch!  The owners and our Manos rep, Helen (who is new this year) were very helpful and attentive.  All in all, couldn't have been better! 

Hope this helps reassure future guests. Best wishes to all!

D&O

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »
They sound really nice.  Glad you had a good holiday.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Chambo

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 06:41:58 PM »
Thanks for the update as it certainly does help to reassure us. We are a family of five, with 3 boys,  going there at the end of July and we had been concerned at reading some of the previous comments, especially about the electrics.

First year at Arillas, infact first year to Corfu, so really looking forward to it.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 08:26:05 PM »
Chambo
I still think that the Bakery's one of the best locations in Arillas. With only one neighbour, ( Up or down ) and the Rainbow Pool is just next door for Breakfast, drink or swim, It's a bit like your own private house. It takes me back to whem we used to stay there. If you should get any possible hiccups when you arrive they should be easily and quickly corrected. The owners are good people - keen to do well.
Have a good time.
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 11:43:22 PM »
I stayed at the Bakery the first year I went to Arillas in 1993....and I'm still coming back for more. As Eggy says....excellent location - I'm sure you'll love it!
Sandy x

Booking.com