Author Topic: Weather in October 06  (Read 9752 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Weather in October 06
« on: July 20, 2006, 12:04:21 PM »
We would like to go back around the 1st week in October.  Does any one know what the weather could be like then.  We were in Corfu September last year and it was nice, bit cloudy a couple of days but have never been to the Greek Isles later than that.  Does anyone know what it is normally like then.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline dick

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: October 06
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »
the weather can be unpridictable we mostly go last week septembe and the 1st week in october. we always come back with a good tan. the last few years we have lost a couple of days during the fortnight but thats all. alex
dick and Alex

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 03:57:37 PM »
Don't know what the weather is like in October but to be honest whatever the weather there is no nicer place to be. I'm sat here now in Merseyside, the temperature is in the high 70's but compared to Arillas....well there is no comparison.I just love Arillas and can't wait to be back there in September, if I won lots of money I would be over there like a shot forever!
SHEILA

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 06:52:11 PM »
thanks for the info.  We are thinking about the Bardis Sun as they seem to have a very good offer for then or go back to the Galini. 

Offline Lynette

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Weather in October 06
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 01:11:28 AM »
I to have been that time of year for two weeks lose on average two days with showers but still well worth the risk, better than being at home even in the rain!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »
We have been 3 times in October, twice for the first 2 weeks and once for the2nd & 3ed weeks, had nice weather most of the time,
but always cold at night, take a cardigan or jacket. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline JohnJ

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 04:11:39 PM »
The first time we ever went to Arillas ( 12 years ago) was for two weeks from the 2cnd October and we had 14 days fantastic weather.  We were lucky as I know it can be iffy during October  However we are pushing our luck this year having had two fantastic weeks in June 2006 by coming back for another two from 2cnd of October to walk the Corfu trail  We will all have to keep our fingers crossed.  I must agree with the others by adding that you will need a jumper or at least long sleeved shirts for the chilly evenings, Still there will be no problem sleeping!!!
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »
What kind of temp is the sea at this time of year ?
We're also looking at the last week sept/1st week oct :)

Offline dick

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 03:38:45 PM »
we always go last week sept 1st week of oct, i am on the beach and in the sea all the time. i find the sea is warmer thenwhen we are thwere in may. we arrive 7 weeks tomorrow and cant wait.alex
dick and Alex

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 05:29:30 PM »
we always go last week sept 1st week of oct, i am on the beach and in the sea all the time. i find the sea is warmer thenwhen we are thwere in may. we arrive 7 weeks tomorrow and cant wait.alex

Excellent - I am more and more coming round to the idea of another holiday :D :D :D

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 01:38:55 PM »
I have always been a bit reluctant to go away towards the end of October but have you seen the weather forcast! It looks fantastic!  Defo wish I was there now... What on earth is happening to the weather lately?

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »
i so want to get on a plane and fly to Arillas right now - the weather forecast for the whole week is fab - but I do remember last year thinking the same thing anyone going for the half term holiday will have a great week.

We have been at the end of Sept and always found 2 or 3 days it can be quite stormy and wet, but I have to say after keeping an eye on the weather over there for the last few years the last two weeks of the season always seem to be wonderful.

I wish I didnt have to wait till May next year - still it will be here before we know it.

Tracey & Peter x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 11:49:44 PM »
I know how you feel.  Cant believe we still have all the winter here to go through yet!  We go next June.  Lets hope the winter here wont be too bad.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 12:07:04 AM »
where would you sooner be ?Arillas in the Rain or back in UK.......no contest......

Offline sheila

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 06:20:49 PM »
I know given the chance where I'd rather be  Arillas, all year round if I could, it seems a long time off till next August but next year we are going for three weeks, my only worry is, it might be even harder to come home.
SHEILA

Booking.com