Author Topic: Taxi from the airport  (Read 21300 times)

Offline kat66

Taxi from the airport
« on: July 31, 2006, 02:31:45 PM »
Hello,

Bit of a techno phobe so not really sure how this all works but just wondered if anyone knows how many suitcases a taxi will take with a family of 4 from the airport to Tria Adelphi.Thinking of booking one to avoid the coach transfer I have read so much about ! Love the website hope Arillas is as good as it sounds.

Cheers Kat

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Taxi from the airport
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 02:47:30 PM »
Hi Kat,

If you use the link from this site Taxi to Arillas, Noula from San Stafanos travel will book a taxi for you. We did it in June and they turned up in a minibus so plenty of room for the cases. It costs around 45 euros. They accept booking a week in advance.

Have a fab time!

Offline kat66

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:11:48 PM »
Thanks very much for the reply I will book one with them I think .

Kat

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 05:19:25 PM »
They are very efficient and reliable... we booked in June, they were there waiting with our name on a sign and were so helpful carrying bags.  Would use them again...
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline burger

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 02:10:12 PM »
sounds good to me,i emailed atrilas travel and they said max of 4 passengers,there's 6 of us incl 3 kids,so if it costs the same for a minibus with san steph travel i'll give them a go,saves 45 euros for second taxi

Offline burger

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 07:50:09 PM »
just to update my previous thread on taxis,it was found that the post on agni forum was incorrect and referred to miles to each resort not prices ,anyway i booked my airport transfer with san steph travel as arillas was fully booked,was either 2 taxis @ e45 each or a minibus @ e80  so ended up with a minibus picking us up,only 2 sleeps to go now   :)   

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »
Pleased to hear you got your transfers sorted and that your nearly on your way.

Have a great holiday :-)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 09:52:25 PM »
We were a group of nine travelling in August and through Costa at the Coconut we arranged for Jimmy at the Whispers junction hire place (sorry cant remember the name) to pick us up and it was 80E each way.

Offline kat66

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 08:33:34 PM »
After checking out the link for San Stefanos Travel on here we booked them to take us to Arillas and then arranged for a taxi back to the airport with them on the way home. Great service very reliable arrived in plenty of time .Well worth the 45 euros.

Thanks for the recomendations .

Kat

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 10:56:19 PM »
Hi we arranged out taxi thorugh Noula at San Stephanos Travel when we were over in May.  Excellent service so have arranged for them to pick us up again in only 15 days.  Whe all the girls came with us we got a mini bus through Akola Travel, that cost 80 Euro each way but was well worth it.

Jill XXX

Offline burger

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 02:31:42 AM »
just returned from arillas this evening,had a great time,we arranged a  taxi to pick us up and return us to the airport on our departure day,sure enough the minibus was waiting for us on arrival,it tyook us about 45 mins from the airport,a very friendly and helpful driver,both ways,cost 80-85 euros each way for the minibus supplied by noula from san stef travel,can highly recommend them

Offline alan2220

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 12:41:57 PM »
Agree - you must get a taxi or collect hire car at airport. dont use transfer unless you want hours of delays and a significant risk of being put onto wrong coach and then being dumped - with the tour operator then blaming you - as happened to a couple we met!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 01:45:31 PM »
At the end of the day ive never had a problem with a coach transfer, they are there to be used, you pay for them, youre keeping the coach drivers in a job, what would happen if everyone started listen to that advice!  No-one would be getting on the coaches for fear of being dumped somewhere!!

My advice to everyone is, when you arrive, find your rep if you have one, ask which coach is yours, tell them to give you directions to it in the coach park, go and find it, when located ask the driver if that coach is going to your destination, show him your luggage ticket, although most understand English, if you are told yes then there shouldnt be any problem at all.

If you dont have a rep then you just double check with the driver that its going to your destination, if people get on the coach without really double checking that its the right one then its their fault if they are on the wrong one really isnt it.

Each to their own mode of transport really but thats just my view on it all.

Offline Janina C

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »
Smiffy

This subject has been going on since Dimitirs started this site.

I think you have misunderstood why a lot of us like to arrange our own transport. Mostly it is not because we are afraid of being 'dumped' somewhere, it is the length of time it takes to get there. The first time we went in 2003 to Arillas it took 3.5 hours to get to our apartment using the transport provided. The last time  (September 4th)it was 50 miniutes because we prebooked a taxi. I don't know about you but I prefer to spend my holiday on the beach not on a bus or waiting in another resort for transport to Arillas.

I can only assume you were very lucky not to have an horrendous transfer, long may it continue for you.

Janina
Janina

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »
No i can understand that, but what im saying is if all new people read this post they would be frightened off of travelling to the resort by coach, when i think the transfer is all part of the experience, you get to see the parts of the island as you pass through.

Our transfer to Arillas was just over an hour, which i dont think is too bad at all really, but as i said each to their own :-)

Booking.com